Donating Blood. Anybody done it?

Doing it right now at middleton arena... not the first bit spilt in midd that’s for sure. 3rd time of donating, wish I’d done this much sooner tbh, just never seemed to find the time when I was younger.

I say giving blood currently but as I’m still sat in reception whilst they all go on a lunch break at the same time I’m sat twiddling my thumbs.
There’s now 8 or 9 of us waiting, why can’t they do what would happen in the private sector and go in pairs to keep the appointments and blood flowing through I’ll never know.

Blood donations took a big hit when secret plans to sell "surplus stock" were leaked.
I used to go every fortnight for years giving platelets, great staff and decent brew .Still no closure for the families of those killed by blood from u.s. prisons, no one charged swept under the carpet, yet thousands have died needlessly

Just like Kippaxian, I donate platelets. Its a great feeling knowing you are literally saving someones life. The staff are great, but as we donate every month we get to know them a bit better.

The prick test at the start is the most painful bit. When they take the blood it really is just a sharp scratch. Then you just wait for it to come out.

When we do platelets, they take your blood out, spin out the platelets then put it back into your veins on a cycle of about 15 seconds, so you look at the machine and see your blood whizzing round!

But normal blood donation is easy. Eat and drink plenty of water before you go though.
The prick test.
Thought that was a different donation

Blood donations took a big hit when secret plans to sell "surplus stock" were leaked.
I used to go every fortnight for years giving platelets, great staff and decent brew .Still no closure for the families of those killed by blood from u.s. prisons, no one charged swept under the carpet, yet thousands have died needlessly
+1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.