Grenfell Tower block disaster

So is this finding a result of the fire brigade telling people to 'stay put'? In which case, I think I'd agree that they have to take some of the blame. What's the average response time for the fire brigade to respond to a call? 15/20 minutes? Surely that's enough for 90% of people to leave the building. I get that blocks and crushes happen when people are rushing to get out but telling people to leave promptly and orderly seems to me to be far better advice than 'staying put'.
The advice to stay put is usually to avoid the fire spreading further I think. In a properly fireproofed building the advice to stay put is apparently correct, but this one wasn't. Whether the fire brigade are supposed to know this and advise accordingly I don't know, but it would seem that the very existence of a building where that advice is necessary is the main problem.

Why don't you wait until the 1st part of the enquiry is out in full before you start blaming who you think and want to be held accountable.
Burning books and all that.
Fair point but you have to question in that case why has a certain amount of it been revealed to the media? Who benefits?

Prior to Grenfell

Johnson closed 10 London fire stations
Cut 27 London fore engines
Laid off 552 London firefighters

He ignored the LFEPA and 94% of Londoners wishes in doing this.

When challenged on this he answer was "get stuffed"

This is a cover up designed to exonerate Johnson.

Why aren't the Tory run local council being held to account for putting that cladding on Grenfell? They put money before people.

Kensington and Chelsea council had £274m in reserves but refused to put sprinklers in the towers.

Absolutley fucking disgraceful and a stitch up of honest brave fireman to cover others arses.
Jesus does EVERYTHING you post have to have an anti-Tory spin on it FFS? Why didn't you just say "council"?

At a time like this instead of thinking about the poor sods who lost their lives and the countless people - including the poor firefighters scarred by this - all you can think of is scoring cheap political points. That is odious mate, it really is.

Prior to Grenfell
Johnson closed 10 London fire stations
Cut 27 London fore engines
Laid off 552 London firefighters
He ignored the LFEPA and 94% of Londoners wishes in doing this.

When challenged on this he answer was "get stuffed"

This is a cover up designed to exonerate Johnson.
really? I thought the Grenfell enquiry was about making sure the same mistakes aren't repeated?

Jesus does EVERYTHING you post have to have an anti-Tory spin on it FFS? Why didn't you just say "council"?

At a time like this instead of thinking about the poor sods who lost their lives and the countless people - including the poor firefighters scarred by this - all you can think of is scoring cheap political points. That is odious mate, it really is.
Theresa May already lied and tried to blame Labour policy for it. (Sorry, not lied - just didn't tell the truth.)

Most people can think of both at the same time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.