Grenfell Tower block disaster

The emergency services always get the blame,they are the ones who run into danger not the soft cunts who stand in judgement of them

True but telling people to stay put in a burning tower block for 2 hours seems slightly counter intuitive to my untrained brain i have to say.

True but telling people to stay put in a burning tower block for 2 hours seems slightly counter intuitive to my untrained brain i have to say.
The same advice was given to the people in the twin towers,myself i would be outta there but there must be a reason they go with the stay advice

The same advice was given to the people in the twin towers,myself i would be outta there but there must be a reason they go with the stay advice

Me too karen.

Fire, you get out by the nearest exit its that simple and within minutes it was clear that fire was out of control and a major threat to life so the advice was questionable and thats me being kind.

The emergency services always get the blame,they are the ones who run into danger not the soft cunts who stand in judgement of them
Well I can agree with you on this point at least. It's not like they were anything other than best intentioned, and putting their own lives on the line. I have no issue with lessons being learned, but I do have issue with persecution of people doing their utmost to help others.

Me too karen.

Fire, you get out by the nearest exit its that simple and within minutes it was clear that fire was out of control and a major threat to life so the advice was questionable and thats me being kind.
I wonder how much the radio's not working played a big part on the day,it was a massive issue on 9/11 and i seem to recall it being mentioned here at the time,the bosses take the decisions and the guys in there take their orders from them,communications must be a nightmare during a fire

Well I can agree with you on this point at least. It's not like they were anything other than best intentioned, and putting their own lives on the line. I have no issue with lessons being learned, but I do have issue with persecution of people doing their utmost to help others.
Yep the guys on the ground should never be blamed in any way

Because if the compartment theory works the flat is safe and if they leave people may have to go down stairways into smoke, meeting firefighters coming up and possibly with hoses as trip hazards.

The issue here is when LFB should have realised the building was gone and "stay put" was no longer good advice (especially when control was so overloaded that calls from Grenfell were being taken in Cheshire by staff with little idea of how the flames were engulfing the building).

I think it's in poor taste to make political points out of a tragedy, but the decision to 'leak' only the chapter of this report that apportions blame to the fire brigade is clearly a dead cat being chucked on the table. There has even been a fair bit of press about blame being apportioned to hotpoint whose faulty appliance was the ignition source. The effect of this is clearly to set the news agenda and public perception prior to the release of the inquiries thoughts about those that took the decision to breach building regs and clad the building in what was essentially a giant external wick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.