Jan Vertonghen

Danamy said:
SamTheGuru said:
Danamy said:
From what i'm hearing you should be more worried about who your manager is next season to be honest.

With regards to Vertonghen, i'm hearing it's done, make of that what you will.............

Well it clearly is not done otherwise the player wouldn't have come out and said what he has said.

Really?

lol.

Any City news on the grapevine?

His contract is up at the end of the season.

Rather than waste £100m on a centre back whose probably small but good on the ball we could use our heads and go for Jan.
Tall, experienced and a good defender, it makes sense to sign him on a free?

He’s 32 and would be a good addition for a couple of seasons. Can play full back as well if needed.

I’d offer Spurs a “loan fee” in Jan to get him in early to bolster up the squad if we’re lucky enough to still be fighting on all fronts with our injury list.

His contract is up at the end of the season.

Rather than waste £100m on a centre back whose probably small but good on the ball we could use our heads and go for Jan.
Tall, experienced and a good defender, it makes sense to sign him on a free?

He’s 32 and would be a good addition for a couple of seasons. Can play full back as well if needed.

Would be similar to the MDM signing which overall worked out well.

If we didn't go for Alderweireld I can't see us going for Vertonghen.

Given we are after Koulibaly or Skriniar, would be surprising to sign 2 foreign CBs, given its reported that Steffen will be back up GK. American so takes foreign spot.

Given the way we know City do transfer business with multiple targets for each position and back up targets, I'd wager Vertonghen is the 3rd choice for CB/LB cover.

1st choice - Alaba
2nd choice - Aké
3rd choice - Vertonghen.

All 3 have been linked heavily, all 3 are CB's who can play LB who can back up Laporte and Mendy or challenge/rotate with both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.