Best line in a film

There is no racial bigotry here.I do not look down on nig*ers,kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless.
And my orders are to weed out all non hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps.
Do you maggots understand that?
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

You could pick any line from the script of that classic.

You could pick any line from the script of that classic.
100% agree. I had to sift through about 50 classic lines (mainly from Hartman,but with notable contributions from Joker,Cowboy and the buffoon turned psychopath Private Pyle).
"7.62 millimetre Full Metal Jacket."
"You are born again hard Private Pyle. Hell I may even allow you to serve in my beloved Corps".

The Man with No Name: “My mistake - four coffins.”(A Fistful of Dollars)

Colonel Masterson (hears a gunshot): “Any trouble, boy?”
Joe: (having just fired the shot and added another dead body to his bounty); “No, old man. Thought I was having trouble with my adding. It’s alright now.” (For a Few Dollars More)

Tuco (having just shot a man who was unaware he had a gun hidden under the suds in his bath): “When you have to shoot, shoot! Don’t talk.” (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

Lines from three great Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns that have just stuck.
Yeah, the Leone/Eastwood westerns are littered with quotable deadpan ditties:

"You are the son of 1000 fathers, each one of them a bastard like you."
"He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar and he's a pig."
'There are two types of men in this world...Those who own the guns and those who dig."

Yeah, the Leone/Eastwood westerns are littered with quotable deadpan ditties:

"You are the son of 1000 fathers, each one of them a bastard like you."
"He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar and he's a pig."
'There are two types of men in this world...Those who own the guns and those who dig."

Yes, ‘deadpan’ describes these lines most aptly. Another I like from AFDM:

Fellow passenger: ... “you see, this train doesn’t drop at Tucumcari.”
Colonel Masterson: “This train’ll stop at Tucumcari.” (Looks out of the window as the train nears Tucumcari and pulls the emergency cord.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.