Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

Great post mate.

We need to challenge the lies any way we can so they realise they can't just write any old negative shit about us to pander to Liverpool and United fans.

Obviously, the best way to do is that with reasoned argument and showing why their article is untruthful or hypocritical so we need the generals like you and Rabin to intelligently point out their mistakes.

Given that I have no official affiliation with the club, I also think we need soldiers like me who carry out the civilian bombing campaigns by writing negative book reviews of said journalists so they're hit where the money hurts too.
If City fans want to write polemics in the commercial media against certain positions that's fine. However, I do not agree that City fans should spend their leisure time discussing football, and generating media revenue in so doing, on a hostile media-hosted platform. Boycotting Guardian media group is entirely compatible with an activist approach. If City fans want to take on Jamie Jackson, Barney Ronay, Sachin Nakrani etc in their newspaper that's fine by me, but the activity I object to is post-match discussion and arguing with other fans on their platform. It effectively supports a hostile media. Seems an obvious point, and I have yet to see a rational argument against it.

If City fans want to write polemics in the commercial media against certain positions that's fine. However, I do not agree that City fans should spend their leisure time discussing football, and generating media revenue in so doing, on a hostile media-hosted platform. Boycotting Guardian media group is entirely compatible with an activist approach. If City fans want to take on Jamie Jackson, Barney Ronay, Sachin Nakrani etc in their newspaper that's fine by me, but the activity I object to is post-match discussion and arguing with other fans on their platform. It effectively supports a hostile media. Seems an obvious point, and I have yet to see a rational argument against it.
They publish good recipes in the lifestyle section?

It depends really.

If you're donating money to The Guardian, I'd agree that's bad and would question whether you're a City fan.

If you're a free reader of it and there's a blatant, outrageous lie about City contained in the article (which is sadly quite common) or even one of the top comments then an intelligent, factual riposte will probably do more to help our reputation than a few clicks or comments does to harm it.

It depends really.

If you're donating money to The Guardian, I'd agree that's bad and would question whether you're a City fan.

If you're a free reader of it and there's a blatant, outrageous lie about City contained in the article (which is sadly quite common) or even one of the top comments then an intelligent, factual riposte will probably do more to help our reputation than a few clicks or comments does to harm it.

Dead right, the alternative would be an echo chamber with City fans just talking amongst themselves. The Guardian is a paper that needs death to take it and quickly, horrible rag.

It depends really.

Some City fans have been using Guardian Football as they would use Bluemoon. I don't object to people exposing arguments, lies, etc. but that's not so easy. In practice, it provides a focus for trolls and ends in a mud-slinging exercise. You get drawn into arguments that you cannot win, all hosted by a grateful platform that keeps stirring the pot.

“First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you,” - Nicholas Klein.

If PrestwichBlue says it's a war, then it's a war. I don't know what's the right approach but I can only say is that we're winning slowly but surely. Football journos underestimate City's growing international stature and fanbase. These guys aren't sitting in their ivory towers but on crumbling (news) businesses trying to survive by selling words for clicks.

I'd say, raise your voice, for long PrestwichBlue and a few others having been flying the flag of factual rebuttal, this summer a few of us chipped in and i'm sure there will be more.

Great post mate.

We need to challenge the lies any way we can so they realise they can't just write any old negative shit about us to pander to Liverpool and United fans.

Obviously, the best way to do is that with reasoned argument and showing why their article is untruthful or hypocritical so we need the generals like you and Rabin to intelligently point out their mistakes.

Given that I have no official affiliation with the club, I also think we need soldiers like me who carry out the civilian bombing campaigns by writing negative book reviews of said journalists so they're hit where the money hurts too.

Absolutely. We need a combination of approaches - the sensible, measured attacks, along with your tactics. Then you've got the likes of me who is long past the constructive stage and it's just a case of windmilling the ****s! Some might not agree with that and that's fair enough but the way I see it is that one of the worst groups of people one could ever unfairly attack are football fans. It doesn't really matter which club it is as fans will stick together in those circumstances and not take any shit, and if these whoppers think you can attack us as a collective and get away with it without any retaliation then it shows how fucking stupid they are.

Last edited:
“First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you,” - Nicholas Klein.

If PrestwichBlue says it's a war, then it's a war. I don't know what's the right approach but I can only say is that we're winning slowly but surely. Football journos underestimate City's growing international stature and fanbase. These guys aren't sitting in their ivory towers but on crumbling (news) businesses trying to survive by selling words for clicks.

I'd say, raise your voice, for long PrestwichBlue and a few others having been flying the flag of factual rebuttal, this summer a few of us chipped in and i'm sure there will be more.
The usual usual suspect Twitter bullies (Delaney, et al) definately 'don't like it up em' when folks point out the futile hypocricy of their arguments. They ignore perfectly rational, well though out rebuttal's. It's either their opinion, or nothing. They simply can't put forward an effective argument for any of the crap they spout, and eventually just end up blocking people.

I bet all of them were either bullies or bullied at school.

The usual usual suspect Twitter bullies (Delaney, et al) definately 'don't like it up em' when folks point out the futile hypocricy of their arguments. They ignore perfectly rational, well though out rebuttal's. It's either their opinion, or nothing. They simply can't put forward an effective argument for any of the crap they spout, and eventually just end up blocking people.

I don't know about that but interesting how their conscience doesn't extend to who they work for or didn't kick in when they were being paid by Abu Dhabi.

I am not much of gamble so i'ld play it safe with i bet they were friendless twunts at school and it didn't improve in their adult life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.