Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it it finished 2:1 , only managed to get a stream for the 2nd half , and it crashed back on the 90min !

Lost 1-2
Have to say that management again too slow to change things around. Once Bremer was put on (83 mins) she made a difference and scored on 88 mins to liven up the last few minutes. Unfortunately it was too late to make a difference. I said this time last year that a full change of management was needed if City were not to become just another mid table side. I fear that it is happening quicker than I expected. Top City management must act and find a team manager with some drive and enthusiasm. The current manager has been resting on his laurels for the past 12 months.
Make no mistake City are a decent team but they are not near the top either in England and definitely not in Europe and what’s worse take defeats in their stride.

Lost 1-2
Have to say that management again too slow to change things around. Once Bremer was put on (83 mins) she made a difference and scored on 88 mins to liven up the last few minutes. Unfortunately it was too late to make a difference. I said this time last year that a full change of management was needed if City were not to become just another mid table side. I fear that it is happening quicker than I expected. Top City management must act and find a team manager with some drive and enthusiasm. The current manager has been resting on his laurels for the past 12 months.
Make no mistake City are a decent team but they are not near the top either in England and definitely not in Europe and what’s worse take defeats in their stride.
I agree mate , we seem to be going backwards, fair enough we've lost top players over the seasons, many to Lyon , but surely we still have some great players (many England international) yet Nick Cushing doesn't seem to get the best out of them . Also why sign foreign star if all you are going to do is is have them sat on the bench ?

I must have watched a different game to some, Atletico weren't great and they didn't deserve to win imho, as their celebrations (like they'd won the competition) told at the end. We seem to always have one pass too many at the back, and we need some pace somewhere, possession alone doesn't score goals. I thought Lauren Hemp was great, apart from the short period she was stuck on the right after half time, not sure what that was about because she skinned the right full back first half every time she ran at her.

My biggest annoyance is that we no longer seem to create enough chances, and when we did in the past we often didn't score enough of them, so creating fewer isn't helping.

2 years in a row we're given the most difficult tie, whilst the other good sides (Atletico aside) have got easy ones until the 1/4 finals when all those left are good, and just like in the mens game, every tackle we make is a foul, and every foul made on us is a tackle.

We are very similar to the First Team in that we can concede when there is no real pressure. Don't know whether away goals count in this comp but the goal that gave Atletico an equaliser was as soft as a liquidised turd. We could have gone through on a 2-2?

We are very similar to the First Team in that we can concede when there is no real pressure. Don't know whether away goals count in this comp but the goal that gave Atletico an equaliser was as soft as a liquidised turd. We could have gone through on a 2-2?
Yes Dave same as in the mens knockout stages, and you're right we should have won the home tie.

I must have watched a different game to some, Atletico weren't great and they didn't deserve to win imho, as their celebrations (like they'd won the competition) told at the end. We seem to always have one pass too many at the back, and we need some pace somewhere, possession alone doesn't score goals. I thought Lauren Hemp was great, apart from the short period she was stuck on the right after half time, not sure what that was about because she skinned the right full back first half every time she ran at her.

My biggest annoyance is that we no longer seem to create enough chances, and when we did in the past we often didn't score enough of them, so creating fewer isn't helping.

2 years in a row we've given the most difficult tie, whilst the other good sides (Atletico aside) have got easy ones until the 1/4 finals when all those left are good, and just like in the mens game, every tackle we make is a foul, and every foul made on us is a tackle.

I haven't seen the game tonight but what you describe of it fits with so many of the games I've seen at The Academy. Over-passing, not clinical enough when a decent change is made, and it's dead right about the fouls/tackles/tackles fouls!

2 years in a row we've given the most difficult tie, whilst the other good sides (Atletico aside) have got easy ones until the 1/4 finals when all those left are good, and just like in the mens game, every tackle we make is a foul, and every foul made on us is a tackle.
Only managed to get a link for the 2nd half , but we didn't look dangerous at all , agree Lauren Hemp looked our best player and seemed the only one to cause Athletico any problems. But to fair to Athletico, they worked hard closing down and breaking up the play and also looked dangerous on the break . End of the day City just wasn't good a enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.