Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't understand as I have already stated, repeatedly. There is no 'Reserve team league' in Spain. There are lower divisions that include reserve or youth teams of 1st team clubs but they play in them. Our Segunda equates to the Championship in England and at the time Pep began coaching, he took a 4th division side (Barcelona B, a reserve/youth team of Barcelona) against other professional clubs and won them promotion. The same lower divisions that saw Granada recently promoted and temporarily top of the Primera division this past weekend

It's the reason why Pep has called out the uselessness of reserve teams in England. Effectively, he took kids playing against professional men and low level officiating and built a team that was on the verge of being abandoned altogether and won them promotion. Try and let that swirl around a bit & see if it sinks in

I'm not sure you are understanding my point so let me make it simple for you.

I would be intrigued to see how Peps methods and philosophies would work if he was in charge of Villa.

Now before you go off and have a cry wank over it, I'm not saying Pep wouldn't take Villa back to European glory and win back to back league titles, I'm just saying it would be interesting to see him in a different environment to what we have seen him in over the last 6-7 years.

1st rule of holes stop digging

I would be intrigued to see how Peps methods and philosophies would work if he was in charge of Villa.

Now before you go off and have a cry wank over it, I'm not saying Pep wouldn't take Villa back to European glory and win back to back league titles, I'm just saying it would be interesting to see him in a different environment to what we have seen him in over the last 6-7 years.

Hand on heart believe Pep would improve any team in the world. Perfect example is Bielsa at Leeds. Though not identical, both are very much cut from a similar cloth. Bielsa is first and foremost an excellent coach, and look at what he's done there. It won't always work with everyone, obviously, but largely he gets player on his side, coaches them brilliantly and improves his team's football identity. Pep would do the same. I don't see any reason to suggest otherwise really. He's just a great coach when push comes to shove. I also think he's pragmatic enough to mix up his style, as he has done plenty of times with City/Barca/Bayern. All three of those teams are different, even if the principles are the same. He's adapted his methods to the league.

He's vastly ahead of other sides tactically too. He'd find countless gaps and weaknesses in the approaches of someone like Gillingham. Do we really think he couldn't outsmart Sol Campbell at Southend? It's not just the quality of the players, it's his ability to spot weaknesses in other sides, organise his teams better than anyone else and improve individuals. After a period of working out his team, I really believe he'd improve any lower league club substantially. He's just smarter, more meticulous, more demanding and overall a better coach than anyone at a lower level, hence his success. His teams would be the most organised and well prepared in the league by a long, long stretch and against 90% of teams that'd be enough to win games.

Of course, it'd be a pointless experiment and a waste of his abilities. He's too good for that level.

Hand on heart believe Pep would improve any team in the world. Perfect example is Bielsa at Leeds. Though not identical, both are very much cut from a similar cloth. Bielsa is first and foremost an excellent coach, and look at what he's done there. It won't always work with everyone, obviously, but largely he gets player on his side, coaches them brilliantly and improves his team's football identity. Pep would do the same. I don't see any reason to suggest otherwise really. He's just a great coach when push comes to shove. I also think he's pragmatic enough to mix up his style, as he has done plenty of times with City/Barca/Bayern. All three of those teams are different, even if the principles are the same. He's adapted his methods to the league.

He's vastly ahead of other sides tactically too. He'd find countless gaps and weaknesses in the approaches of someone like Gillingham. Do we really think he couldn't outsmart Sol Campbell at Southend? It's not just the quality of the players, it's his ability to spot weaknesses in other sides, organise his teams better than anyone else and improve individuals. After a period of working out his team, I really believe he'd improve any lower league club substantially. He's just smarter, more meticulous, more demanding and overall a better coach than anyone at a lower level, hence his success. His teams would be the most organised and well prepared in the league by a long, long stretch and against 90% of teams that'd be enough to win games.

Of course, it'd be a pointless experiment and a waste of his abilities. He's too good for that level.

Appretiate your replay mate, however, I'm not sure a well thought out, concise response will go down very well on here...

I also think it would be interesting, like out of curiosity, to see him manage Villa but what everyone is reacting to is that you seem to be doing the old "well actually we don't know how good of a manager Pep is because he hasn't done it at a lower level" routine. Which is both factually untrue (as you just learned), and very stupid. It's like saying "yeah Adele has an amazing voice on her album... but could she do it while singing through a megaphone in a local talent show??"

I also think it would be interesting, like out of curiosity, to see him manage Villa but what everyone is reacting to is that you seem to be doing the old "well actually we don't know how good of a manager Pep is because he hasn't done it at a lower level" routine. Which is both factually untrue (as you just learned), and very stupid. It's like saying "yeah Adele has an amazing voice on her album... but could she do it while singing through a megaphone in a local talent show??"

I never once questioned how good of a manager he is, it obvious the guys is a genius. My original point was that I would be interested to see him manage outside of the environment that we have all watched for the last 6,7,8 years. For example, his teams have always been possession based. What if the players he had were poor in possession and the money wasn't there to replace them, just little bits like that. I would be interested to see how the problems he solves so successfully now would be solved in different situations that's all. Not because I think he would fall flat on his arse, mainly to see how the best in an industry I'm involved in handle different situations. It was only when the FC barca guy thought I was attacking his god that the topic digressed a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.