League Cup QF Draw - Oxford United (A)

Yep after our request to change the date of the fixture was refused. Watch now as they give their beloved Dippers permission to move the game and again show double standards

We only requested that we could play the day before. Our tie at Chelsea was moved for the TV ... we requested to play on the original Saturday schedule. So, with that precedent set, I expect the dippers to play at the worst possible time for them; and like we did, they should get pelters when they have the audacity to moan.
Our club should monitor this situation closely, as any relenting by the authorities could be used to get our ridiculous Xmas timetable changed - especially as the other club that play two games in less than 24 hours is Wolves when they have to travel to Klanfield!

Good draw from a footballing perspective, should be able to send a relatively youthful side to get the job done. Bit disappointed to get a team we played last year, I look forward to doing new grounds in the cups but it so rarely happens and Oxford was a good day out last time. don’t see how anybody can even begin to complain about fixes when looking back at the draws we’ve had over the last few years. As for the scousers, I’m hoping the authorities do help them out, squeezing in another game is bound to put strain on their squads fitness but even that seems impossible at the minute so the only alternative would be to postpone another league game giving them a more congested period towards the end of the season. I want them to go through and get another two games in January. Win-win from our perspective

According to google away end has a 5000 capacity

That’s either the entire stand which we don’t get or they’ve mistakenly added a zero. The place only has three small stands unless it’s changed since last season, we got a few hundred last year and will get the same again this year.

According to google away end has a 5000 capacity
Not a chance. Went last year and theres a few hundred at best. One of the sides of the ground is a car park. A few lads just stood on top of their works van for the game which was a fairly decent idea tbf. I think they got a football as well when Otamendi or someone sliced one over the fence.

Good draw from a footballing perspective, should be able to send a relatively youthful side to get the job done. Bit disappointed to get a team we played last year, I look forward to doing new grounds in the cups but it so rarely happens and Oxford was a good day out last time. don’t see how anybody can even begin to complain about fixes when looking back at the draws we’ve had over the last few years. As for the scousers, I’m hoping the authorities do help them out, squeezing in another game is bound to put strain on their squads fitness but even that seems impossible at the minute so the only alternative would be to postpone another league game giving them a more congested period towards the end of the season. I want them to go through and get another two games in January. Win-win from our perspective

That’s either the entire stand which we don’t get or they’ve mistakenly added a zero. The place only has three small stands unless it’s changed since last season, we got a few hundred last year and will get the same again this year.

We got 1,197 tickets last season not a few hundred so we're likely to get same again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.