What you eat that others would find disgusting

My dad taught me about eating them cold and I was hooked. He also puts a big spoon of branston pickle in and a squirt of salad cream then stirs the tin and eats the lot. Sounds minging but is actually quite tasty, especially when pissed.

I think I’ll stick with a donner kebab I never finish.

My old man melts lancashire cheese in a pan with milk and pours it on bacon then mops it up with bread. Smells like fucking sick. Disgusting twat.

That is our family favourite meal. We use Cheshire cheese as it's less strong/bitter.

Gotta say, there’s a few surprisingly tasty things when you start exploring deeper into good Chinese menus:
Pork intestines are an acquired taste - they reek of testosterone (that’s the smell according to my food developer mate).
And as for beef tripe - mama!!! It’s like someone invented the meat version of spaghetti twirls.

I put a photo of my Currywurst in Düsseldorf up on Facebook and got a few “urgh!” comments from friends. The first bite is with the eye etc. It’s a bratwurst sausage in a tomatoey curry sauce with some powder sprinkled on top. Far nicer than it sounds. Love it.
Currywurst were the product of British soldiers, mainly Sikhs, stationed in Germany after the war, the curry came from them,
and was adopted by the locals.
Told to me by Major Nigel Dunkley, ex Scots Guards, who was commanding one of the tanks involved on the Bridge in Berlin
during that dangerous stand off with the Russkies, who eventually retreated.

My old man melts lancashire cheese in a pan with milk and pours it on bacon then mops it up with bread. Smells like fucking sick. Disgusting twat.

Gosh my great aunt would make this very regularly for her husband in the 70s and 80s in Manchester, always with Lancashire cheese... is it an old Lancashire dish I wonder?

I used to really like it, I've not seen anyone make it or even mention it since about 1986.

I don't have any really weird ones, although I like pretty much all offal and I love black pudding but that's not unusual given a Manchester upbringing. My American colleagues do find those a bit odd.

I get stick for loving rollmops, pickled mussels, in this house. And that's coming from someone who likes Semolina.
Go figure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.