Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

You are right we do focus on the negatives but to offer an argument to your reasoning. Shouldn't that be more like the norm for City instead of what we usually get? Should it really be like finding a needle in a haystack for positive coverage? To the point where we act like we've struck gold down a mine.

I do not really want to go down the road of percentages of positive/negative coverage as its a divisive subject and will deflect from the main point.

I have little expectation of the press, they will go after anybody for a story from the royal family, gazza to hacking peoples phones so I would not expect too much, if anything at all.

However one thing they want is clicks, attention, tweets, retweets etc. Matt Law has been ‘trending’ today and if you look at the responses there are a lot of City fans giving his tweet oxygen.

The consensus on here is we get negative coverage, as it panders to reds and scousers large fanbases etc however if we starting clicking, tweeting, responding etc it is just as likely they will write negative stuff as they will still get retweets, clicks etc but it will be us promoting this negative content. I doubt they genuinely care who reads it as long someone does and they stay relevant.

Did we act like we had struck gold? The article vanished without trace on here.

When Delaney was spouting off about City and FFP a while back on Twitter, and implying that we were guilty, I told him to stop being a stupid **** and not to believe everything he reads in the papers. For some reason, he went and promptly blocked me.

Fucking shithouse!
That's what they(him, Castles, Rob Harris, Nick Harris etc) do when they don't like what they are reading or can't argue with a point made.

I don't believe for a second they actually believe Rabin is not a person but a secret department set up by Abu Dhabi... anyone who buys that excuse is naive as can be. He got under their skin because he exposed them and now they are finding ways to excuse going beyond personal with him, to scare and silence him. In my opinion, the way they've defended it, when fans have questioned their justification for it, shows they've thought about the legal implications of a co-ordinated attack from a group of professional journalists, via social media or otherwise.

I do not really want to go down the road of percentages of positive/negative coverage as its a divisive subject and will deflect from the main point.

I have little expectation of the press, they will go after anybody for a story from the royal family, gazza to hacking peoples phones so I would not expect too much, if anything at all.

However one thing they want is clicks, attention, tweets, retweets etc. Matt Law has been ‘trending’ today and if you look at the responses there are a lot of City fans giving his tweet oxygen.

The consensus on here is we get negative coverage, as it panders to reds and scousers large fanbases etc however if we starting clicking, tweeting, responding etc it is just as likely they will write negative stuff as they will still get retweets, clicks etc but it will be us promoting this negative content. I doubt they genuinely care who reads it as long someone does and they stay relevant.

Did we act like we had struck gold? The article vanished without trace on here.
No my point is, is it right to expect that reaction?

No my point is, is it right to expect that reaction?

I was not expecting that reaction but I did find it a bit strange that a gushing article about a wonderful goal and how regardless of whether we win the league people should enjoy this great City side received less interest than a ‘tweet’ describing our win as nervy.

Particularly on a forum full of people complaining how they want to read positive coverage about City.

Some City fans have been using Guardian Football as they would use Bluemoon. I don't object to people exposing arguments, lies, etc. but that's not so easy. In practice, it provides a focus for trolls and ends in a mud-slinging exercise. You get drawn into arguments that you cannot win, all hosted by a grateful platform that keeps stirring the pot.
Used to did that (had a Sheik Yerbouti avatar) until was banned twice by Ronay, Jackson -the vermilion vermin.
My take was that they were expelling City fans outta that rag BTL to appease trolling dipper cunnts and scum and eat their lemmings brains while spouting calumnious drivel against our Arab club.

That's what they(him, Castles, Rob Harris, Nick Harris etc) do when they don't like what they are reading or can't argue with a point made.

I don't believe for a second they actually believe Rabin is not a person but a secret department set up by Abu Dhabi... anyone who buys that excuse is naive as can be. He got under their skin because he exposed them and now they are finding ways to excuse going beyond personal with him, to scare and silence him. In my opinion, the way they've defended it, when fans have questioned their justification for it, shows they've thought about the legal implications of a co-ordinated attack from a group of professional journalists, via social media or otherwise.

An odd thing over the "rabin is a fiction" campaign is that there was that big row over a Skyped recording with him - but that has been buried to be forgotten about. Presumably Delaney will claim it was just a randomer pretending!

Have seen some fascinating mental gymnastics in evidence in certain journalists' earnest explanations of why it's perfectly morally acceptable to take cash to write for a state-owned news title based in a repressive Middle Eastern nation but utterly beyond the pale to support a football club owned by a member of the royal family and minister of the government in such a state. Of course, if this is pointed out, they then resort to accusations of 'whataboutery', the weapon of choice for egregious hypocrites everywhere when faced with a need to shut down a discussion of their own rampant double standards.

Any idea if they've noticed the co-owner at Sheffield United is one of those cuddly Saudis?

Any idea if they've noticed the co-owner at Sheffield United is one of those cuddly Saudis?

As far as I've seen, a few mentions because he took a loan from the bin Laden family, but otherwise apparently not something that penetrates the collective media consciousness. It will if at some point the Blades consolidate, push on and start to seriously threaten to win titles, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.