League Cup QF Draw - Oxford United (A)

Happy with the draw. Hope to see Foden, Garcia and Doyle start again and a couple of other youngsters involved with at least another starting (bernabe or harwood-bellis probably)

Remember us getting clobbered in a second division promotion battle in the mid 80s. Think we both went up that year.

Yeah definitely went to a game where we lost. Was living in London at that point and went with my boss at the time who was also a Blue. He texted me yesterday to say hope this next game is better then that one.

Yeah definitely went to a game where we lost. Was living in London at that point and went with my boss at the time who was also a Blue. He texted me yesterday to say hope this next game is better then that one.
1984/5 season they beat us 3-0 at their place and the following season at Maine Rd by the same score.

Would be happy to play Man United in the final. Leicester might be more difficult, partly because the motivation to beat them won't be as strong as to beat the arrogant but struggling neighbours.

Oxford away brings back memories of Kinkladze and his twinkle toes totally mesmerising the Oxford players and scoring two great goals.

Also I remember being an early leaver back in 89 (it did happen back then but I was only kid) and we scored two late goals to win the match 2-1. Think one goal came off Steve Redmonds thigh.

Last edited:
Thinking this game could be played on Wednesday 18th seeing we play Arsenal on Sunday 15th?

Have the TV picks been announced yet? Or they’re gonna wait for Liverpool shit to be put together first ...

Oxford away brings back memories of Kinkladze and his twinkle toes totally mesmerising the Oxford players and scoring two great goals.

Also I remember being an early leaver back in 89 (it did happen back then but I was only kid) and we scored two late goals to win the match 2-1. Think one goal came off Steve Redmonds thigh.

Think it was 1-4, Kinky playing off Rosler and looked good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.