League Cup QF Draw - Oxford United (A)

Oxford away brings back memories of Kinkladze and his twinkle toes totally mesmerising the Oxford players and scoring two great goals.

Also I remember being an early leaver back in 89 (it did happen back then but I was only kid) and we scored two late goals to win the match 2-1. Think one goal came off Steve Redmonds thigh.
Kinky scored two that day, great day out.

Kinky was magnificent that day.

Very enjoyable; especially as I didn't have far to go home. Had a seat in the tiny stand by the away support and presume I used my wife's parking pass for the JR Hospital nearby as that was where she worked at the time.

There's a private hospital on the site now, cunningly called the Manor, where I had key surgery on my knee as I am sure you are all thrilled to know.

Yes, fantastic. Would love a full video of that game as it was one of Kinkys finest performances.

There was a great moment where the commentator simply says ‘kinkladze surrounded by 3 defenders bye bye’ as he leaves them tackling thin air. Always remember that.

Last edited:
Yes, fantastic. Would love a full video of that game as it was one of Kinkys finest performances.

There was a great moment where the commentator simply says ‘kinkladze surrounded by 3 defenders bye bye’ as he leaves them tackling thin air. Always remember that.[/QUOT to have seen him

There was a great moment where the commentator simply says ‘kinkladze surrounded by 3 defenders bye bye’ as he leaves them tackling thin air. Always remember that.
Would have loved to have seen him in this team. Him or benarbia. Aaa agh if only. We’ll just have to slum it with merlin

Would have loved to have seen him in this team. Him or benarbia. Aaa agh if only. We’ll just have to slum it with merlin

Yes me too. Still the most breathtaking player I have seen play for us in the sense of excitement generated when he picked up the ball and started running at defenders. Would love to watch him in his pomp one last time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.