Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Right, so then why did we take a nothing settlement and agree not to talk about it?
Maybe because we thought there was little for City to gain. Back then Liverpool were not rivals it was Utd. Maybe Liverpoool's subsequent activity has p'ssed City off.

Not a fucking chance of a points deduction for the dippers.

At best a transfer window ban and most likely a fine.

Not a fucking chance of a points deduction for the dippers.

At best a transfer window ban and most likely a fine.
we will have 10 points deducted for keeping it quiet and failing to inform the proper authorities. Liverpool will be awarded 6 extra points for being totally brilliant, having the best fans in the whole world and showing extraordinary initiative and techy skills.

BAB.DAB said:

Tony Evans the independent said we could have made more of a issue of it and had good reason to complain

Right, so then why did we take a nothing settlement and agree not to talk about it?

I think this has been covered in other posts.

Circumstances have changed. The football landscape is different. Off the field business rivalry has been notched up. Liverpool`s behaviour is now better known to City. A few in the media will expose Liverpool FC where they deserve to be exposed.

City are stronger and better organised. We are the Champions of England and Treble / Quadruple Winners.

Could the source of the Der Spiegel /football leaks emails be same guys accessing the City internal system or assisting someone else to do so? In which case it could be further dirty tricks from Liverpool's owners against our club. In which case we might have an interest in now revealing the hacking to prove bad intent and illegal activity by a rival .

BAB.DAB said:

Tony Evans the independent said we could have made more of a issue of it and had good reason to complain

I think this has been covered in other posts.

Circumstances have changed. The football landscape is different. Off the field business rivalry has been notched up. Liverpool`s behaviour is now better known to City. A few in the media will expose Liverpool FC where they deserve to be exposed.

City are stronger and better organised. We are the Champions of England and Treble / Quadruple Winners.
It's been covered, but not explained in my opinion. I don't see why on field success or rivalry would matter at all in this case. If another team illegally hacks into your systems and you've suffered harm, why would their position in the table affect your response? If Villa stole our scouting data tomorrow would we not report it because they aren't competing for the title? Either something really bad happened and we have evidence or it didn't.

To be clear, I'm not looking to excuse what Liverpool allegedly did, it just seems very odd to me that we would settle if what's been reported actually happened.

It's been covered, but not explained in my opinion. I don't see why on field success or rivalry would matter at all in this case. If another team illegally hacks into your systems and you've suffered harm, why would their position in the table affect your response? If Villa stole our scouting data tomorrow would we not report it because they aren't competing for the title? Either something really bad happened and we have evidence or it didn't.

To be clear, I'm not looking to excuse what Liverpool allegedly did, it just seems very odd to me that we would settle if what's been reported actually happened.
It's not been explained because nobody on here knows why and anyone who keeps asking the same question isn't going to change that. Maybe if the FA do open up an investigation then the facts will come out after the fact but i wouldn't hold your breath for now.

I honestly believe that this goes all the way to the top at Liverpool, and that utter snake John W.Henry actively encouraged the hacking. For me, he's by far and away the biggest **** in the English game with the exception of those unscrupulous owners who destroy lower league clubs.

...and his face looks like its made of plastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.