#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow so much hate for riyad here

It can be a confusing place. I genuinely cannot understand it; the guy has 11 goal contributions in 12 games, that's not to even mention his 6 or 7 pre assists he's made. He's been phenomenal. If Mahrez has a quieter game it somehow brings about such conclusive remarks about him whereas it never seems to happen with Raz for instance. Players have quieter games, it happens, there hasn't been a single player in our team that has been consistently excellent in every game.

The booboys and the fanboys can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

did I say something wrong? you don't like that I defend Mahrez? .. too bad Mister. I'm no fucking bandwagoner. I haven't seen you react this vigorously to the vitriol that has been incessantly piling up on Mahrez though ...

Last edited:
did I say something wrong? you don't like that I defend Mahrez? .. too bad Mister. I'm no fucking bandwagoner. I haven't seen you react this vigorously to the vitriol that has been incessantly piling up on Mahrez though ...

What the fuck are you going on about? I didn't say you were a fanboy. I was agreeing with you that the booboys are ****s. I also believe that the the fanboys are just as bad.

What the fuck are you going on about? I didn't say you were a fanboy. I was agreeing with you that the booboys are ****s. I also believe that the the fanboys are just as bad.

Thou think the lady doth protest too much

There is great support for Mahrez by loads of City fans. He was recently voted player of the month and will play a major role for City during the course of the season.

My apologies. I think I took the wrong interpretation.

On a side note, it's funny that I do not get accused of fanboyism when I praise players like Kevin or David but I do sometimes (I do not mean you) when I defend Mahrez, which prompts me in turn to keep defending my own self through recurring exchanges. Go figure.

Last edited:
My apologies. I think I took the wrong interpretation.

On a side note, it's funny that I do not get accused of fanboyism when I praise players like Kevin or David but I do sometimes (I do not mean you) when I defend Mahrez, which prompts me in turn to keep defending my own self through recurring exchanges. Go figure.

Easily explained. KDB and Merlin have proved themselves in sky blue many times over. Not just in terms of killer contribution but they sweat blood too.

Mahrez is comparatively casual in demeanour. He’s been here more than a season and still hasn’t really established himself despite having obvious talent.

Easily explained. KDB and Merlin have proved themselves in sky blue many times over. Not just in terms of killer contribution but they sweat blood too.

Mahrez is comparatively casual in demeanour. He’s been here more than a season and still hasn’t really established himself despite having obvious talent.

I really don't think that's the case. In fact, he has shown a lot of character by coming back strong after the horrible year he had last year. He has been unfairly and nastily targeted by a sizeable segment of the local fans as well as by the local and national media. That penalty miss cost him dearly and almost ended his career here even though we ended up winning the title. In parallel, Sergio's penalty miss cost us the CL but it didn't cost him 1 percent as much (I am not blaming Sergio btw). The adaptations and adjustments to new playing system, to new manager requirements, and to new players competitions were strenuous and had negative effects on his game in some instances. The pressure was just unbearable. It looked like he was attacked from everywhere. I know that what I am saying is not bandwagon (politically correct) material and I will get attacked for it but this is the plain truth as far as I am concerned. His performances might not be as high as of others (that remains in the realm of opinions) but he still should get credit for what he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.