Yorkshire is more beautiful than Lancashire...

Of course it is. I live there.

People are sound, certainly in West Yorkshire where I've lived since 94, and I love the Yorkshire Stone houses and buildings in the Pennines. Hate red brick, it's depressing.

Further away from Liverpool too...

In fact, give me a Yorkie over a Scouser any day of the week. Anyone want to argue that one?

;-)

Having lived in both Yorkshire and Lancashire I can say that there are degrees of Yorkshireness. The further south you go in the county, the more knuckle draggers per square mile you get. Those that live in the northern dales are pretty sound. The countryside in both counties can be stunning. Is th forest of bowland still in Lancashire?
Forest of bowland is in Lancashire and the area north until high bentham I think.

I can’t say I ever venture into Lancashire all that much at all. Never have really.

Only ever really spent any time there when watching City away at Blackburn Burnley Preston Blackpool or when travelling through it to get to the Lakes.

Spent more time visiting places in Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Cumbria and North Wales than I have Lancashire.

Both Lancashire and Yorkshire folk have stupid accents! It’s only once you drop south of the M62 in Greater Manchester that we ditch that daft Lancashire twang and sound like our Mam and Sister actually aren’t the same person.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.