Yorkshire is more beautiful than Lancashire...

Your average "YAAAAWKSHAA" family photo....

4-string_banjos.gif

...there, I said it.

I’ve been in North Yorkshire again, Whitby in particular. The entire region is stunning. Is anyone going to disagree?

Indeed.

I lived in York and have family in Harrogate and Robin Hood Bay, so I know it well. OK, it has some miserable places like Doncaster, Huddersfield, Castleford and Bradford but mostly, it's a stunning county. Sadly, large parts of Lancashire are depressing.

I live in a village about 9 miles inland from Whitby but born Moston and family still lives north M/cr.
I guess what I would say that like most things its never a win/win/win situation.
Decent quality jobs are few and far between, so if your kids go to Uni they don't come back.
Its a long way for good gigs and shows, (and footy , Yorks being prem free zone)but some of the eating is deffo as good as cities, property is not cheap which means a lot go as second homes which can be a problem, so I guess the end view is that its good if you've already got a few quid behind you or can work in an industry from home, then its a better quality of life, definately slower and less stressful.

The Blades might disagree!

Indeed.

I lived in York and have family in Harrogate and Robin Hood Bay, so I know it well. OK, it has some miserable places like Doncaster, Huddersfield, Castleford and Bradford but mostly, it's a stunning county. Sadly, large parts of Lancashire are depressing.
I was in Robin Hood’s Bay on Wednesday. Truly beautiful. I’d love to retire there.

Live just outside Scarborough and have done for 6 years now.

Originally felt it to be a short term move following university but sticking now in North Yorkshire. Career sorted for the time being, York and Leeds close enough for me to have my city weekends with mates etc and I’m more about the outdoors anyway so Dalby Forest, the coast and the likes see me right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.