History

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
Is it the young fans who seem to think most clubs dont have any history ?. There seems to be confusion between history and winning, unless you win cups you dont have any history.

All clubs have history and all really fans know most of their clubs history.

I love some of our history like winning the league and the next season getting relegated, or scoring 100 goals and still getting relegated........

Going of topic I watched the apprentice (I know) but they didnt even know the dates of WW2.

History of any sorts seems to be lost on the younger generation.

Mods not sure if this is the right place for this but it's sort of football lol

Is it the young fans who seem to think most clubs dont have any history ?. There seems to be confusion between history and winning, unless you win cups you dont have any history.

I love some of our history like winning the league and the next season getting relegated, or scoring 100 goals and still getting relegated........

Going of topic I watched the apprentice (I know) but they didnt even know the dates of WW2.

You need to speak to rags and dippers fans because they know all about 'istory .

I just dont get why fans of other clubs say that clubs arent as successful as them have no history.

My missus nephew works for Lincoln City and is a Lincoln fanatic. Know I dont know much about Lincoln in fact nothing but I would never say Lincoln have no history. I found an old team photo of Lincoln in the 30's and sent it to him , and he loved it.

I think fans that say other clubs dont have any history dont really have their heart and soul in the club they support. Any true fan knows how much heart ache etc goes into supporting your team.
To say other teams dont have history is to be an arrogant twat....

This is the Dipper understanding of 'istree! It is stoked every fuckin' week by the goons in the RDAHMeedya who proclaim that X or Y are gonna make history. And then we get the idiotic notion that something has changed the course of history! Every fuckin' thing that has gone on before is history. Win, lose or draw - it's fuckin' history. Allowing each team and each generation to have 'a history' doesn't fit the Dipper narrative of history only counts when it involves winning. What they don't seem to understand that not having won a PL title they have no PL history! Idiots!

Notts County. Major trophies 0. History massive.
See also Sheffield City

Was the yardstick of being successful and popular thrown around when I was going to school in the 80s and 90s, by United and Liverpool fans exclusively, so it's nothing new.

In fact it's one of the reason why all all non United and Liverpool fans began to loathe those two clubs. Arrogance on another level, demanding respect but giving none back.

It was people looking for an easy option in football, they wanted to be able to gloat and feel superior over others, so they chose the successful teams with the best known players.of you were a city fan, Accrington fan, reading fan, York fan, then silly you for not knowing enough about football to choose the 'best' clubs. Doesn't matter that you were born there or your family are supporters, to these berks at least.

We were all lumped in as irrelevant, silly, maybe to be pitied for our continued delusions. There was a footballing order, and it was all harmless as long as we all knew our place.

Still remember my cousin when I was a kid trying to convince me to become a red, and his total bemusement that I was never having it and preferred going to watch second division football with the blues, my mates and my footballing family.

Personally I feel incredibly lucky to have supported city through a special period on our history, the shite times. Dogpoo alley, mind your car if you want it kept safe, dodgy hotdogs and, above all, belonging. Not following, but being part of.

Our team today is unbelievable, but the clubs and fans we met on the way down and then on the way back up again, yes it was hard to take and yes they enjoyed their day against us more often than not, but you have to respect the genuine fan who still goes to Rotherham, Bradford or wherever. Some great towns and some great times, but very glad I'm looking back on them now from our current position!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.