Match Thread | Man City vs Southampton (02/11/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t fault the effort, across the whole team.
In situations like this, you just hope they fatigue and get worn down physically and concentration-wise as the second half progresses.

As well though, either their left back is a world beater, or Bernardo is having an off day. Not much joy at all.

Playing Merlin and Gundogan together is a tad pedestrian for most PL games. Foden offers more of an attacking threat.

I’m always in this camp.. one or the other. Didn’t used to like Gundogan with Fern either. He can be absolute brilliant but needs the right balance around him.

Pep is to blame irrespective of the fate of this game. Too much sentimentality in playing his fellow countryman David despite his bad form. He broke the momentum of Riadh, he was in perfect tune with KDB before Pep decided to resort to the meaningless rotation given the poor performance of Bernardo. To top it off, he started rotating the center backs and more amazingly the fullbacks.
He didnt rotate the cbs they all got injured bar ottamendi. The same with the fullbacks to an extent. I agree with the rest though.

If our plan is to try lofted flicks and mishit passes thrn its working brilliantly..KDB looks knackered ,Bernardo running around in circles,Sterling looks disinterested.Norwich and Wolves re run here has Pep not learned?

Surprise surprise the team that shipped 9 goals last week is now the best defence since AC Milan.

But we're not creating enough. Too many hopeful crosses and too few intelligent moves.

Pretty tough defending from them so far, but typicly it gets harder to defend with such intensity as the game draws to its end. I wouldnt be too surprised to see the turnaround happening around the 60-70 minutes mark.

Posted in pre match thread I hate playing teams twice in short succession,always feel you can get a bit of complacency setting in for second game after you have won first one with a much changed side ..

Think we should come back 25yds or so, play from the halfway line, get KDB to feed the front runners. They have 8 in the box and crossing is not going to work against that. Play a bit riskier, invite them up the field and counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.