Southampton (H) Post-Match Thread

Exactly, and for those saying we have not got a plan b, pep made at least 4 tactical changes during the second half , probably missed by many.
Thought second half we were much better and played with a much higher intensity. Southampton defended for their lives and made it really hard, but in the end we wore them down and thoroughly deserved that.

Maybe it's just me but I thoroughly enjoyed today. Performance could have been better but as much as I enjoy the 5 and 6 nil comfortable wins, games like that offers something different. The emotions of the fans was laid bare and I thought the atmosphere was the best of the season. Even the early leavers stayed until the end

Excellent to see we got the win but We really need to be able to change our game when we come up against these parked buses more and more. All the lower table teams do it and we leave it too late. This could so easily have ended in a loss.
Dippers managed to pinch a win as well.
We CANNOT afford to drop anymore points, as we know dippers won’t, or won’t be allowed to.
Oh they will drop points my fellow blue,they will,be calm my children of the night :)

Lee Mason is useless, slow, bent, unaware of the six second rule or the subs rule, sub standard, consistently inconsistent. He is also a cockwomble and unaware that a wall should be 10 yards away..

How did I do?
Not bad although your conclusion is lacking a bit of detail.

Teams that pack the sides of the penalty area so Sterling and Bernardo Silva have 2 or 3 men to beat are causing us all sorts of grief this season.
We need tactics to counter this. Pep hasn't found them yet.
Banging in crosses to Sergio Aguero, our powerful 6' 5" striker certainly aren't helping.

We dodged a bullet there.They had one attempt and scored, We huffed and puffed to no effect. Kuns goal was fortunate to go through the keepers legs,Walker's was a wonder goal (I wonder how he did it)..Kun misses an open goal ,Sterling through and fucked up again as did Jesus. Sorry but we aren't winning anything until Pep sorts this out. In the past Yaya would just steamroller through mass defences as they tired.We are one dimensional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.