LMIAC

If he isn’t on the take or deliberately trying to screw us over on his own violation then questions have to be asked over that performance. Looks like Mason is unaware of the six second rule nor that walls have to be ten yards back. How subs leave the pitch is beyond him and his interpretation of time wasting changed after 90 minutes. As I said if he isn’t on the take or trying to screw us over then somebody needs to ensure he never refs our games again as he is awful and that is being generous. Thought Scott was poor the other game but Mason was far worse

He was poor today and the time wasting was ridiculous with the delicious irony being Southampton only had 4 mins of injury time.

Yes I do not think he is considered one of the top tier refs, like Martin Atkinson, and consequently gets the lesser games, which no doubt must be pretty infuriating on a personal level. Although I think he reffed city v pool in 2013/14 when we were both going for the title Sterling had a goal disallowed.

Was he removed from games in the run in or is that just a rumour?
He was removed. Mike Riley told us his father was ill Mason wanted to be with him but his father was in Bolton while he was 4th official in London the same weekend.

He was removed. Mike Riley told us his father was ill Mason wanted to be with him but his father was in Bolton while he was 4th official in London the same weekend.

Could that not mean he was removed because with his father being ill he was not in the right frame of mind to ref?

Also as you have pointed out throughout his career he was not given the biggest of matches to ref so it would make sense he would not ref our matches in the run in. Might not be that sinister the reasoning.

I bet Mike loves having a few out of sight, out of mind associates who everyone just accepts are shit
At the Q&A he did back in 2012 Mike Riley said that they try to avoid conflicts of interest in referee appointments. I'm sure it was you who pointed out to him that a Bolton-supporting ref officiating a game involving their then relegation rivals QPR (and making a horrendously bad decision that led to a goal against QPR and a, red card for one of their pkayers) could reasonably be described as a "conflict of interest".

I’m on here many times over the past 10 years stating that Mason is the very worst ref in the league.

Could that not mean he was removed because with his father being ill he was not in the right frame of mind to ref?

Also as you have pointed out throughout his career he was not given the biggest of matches to ref so it would make sense he would not ref our matches in the run in. Might not be that sinister the reasoning.
If he genuinely wanted to be near his father in Bolton he wouldn't have been at White Hart Lane would he?

And yes, I can assure you he was removed at our request. In fact I've heard it from someone well connected to a senior club figure and (quite separately) from the person who put the case against him together.

A serious journalist will always try to get two independent verifications of a story before they publish it. I got those on Mason so I'm sticking with my story on him.

I'm staggered he was ever allowed back into the Etihad to be honest.

I’m on here many times over the past 10 years stating that Mason is the very worst ref in the league.
That’s no mean call. He’s brutal without a doubt but there are, and have been too many. The club have a history of shocking and ridiculous decisions against them.

At the Q&A he did back in 2012 Mike Riley said that they try to avoid conflicts of interest in referee appointments. I'm sure it was you who pointed out to him that a Bolton-supporting ref officiating a game involving their then relegation rivals QPR (and making a horrendously bad decision that led to a goal against QPR and a, red card for one of their pkayers) could reasonably be described as a "conflict of interest".

Indeed I did, he'd been waffling on about it and it came to me, one of my rare moments of inspiration. Yeah, Mason had given a penalty to the Rags and sent off a QPR player for "fouling" Young who was in an offside position, so he was pulling double duty that day. Quickly got pulled and magically both us and QPR got what we wanted. Probably never forgiven us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.