Southampton (H) Post-Match Thread

Seems to me that by playing the inverted wingers, we have lost the ability to play a simple ball down the channel that is hit first time across the 6 yard box for an easy tap in.

It takes hard work, great movement and unselfish running, but it looks so easy when it's done properly. We're currently not scoring this type of goal.

Instead, we are checking back and floating aimless balls into nobody in particular. Sane is a big miss - goals and assists playing from the left in his natural position.
We just don’t seem to hit teams on the break like we used to. We used to go from defending to scoring in seconds but I can’t remember the last time we did that. We just seem so slow through the middle. I hate to point fingers but is this in any way linked to Gundogan starting so many games ? Time and time again his first instinct is to stop, turn back and play a backwards or square pass whereas with Fernandinho, KDB and Merlin the ball is moved forward quickly, played out to the wings and then whipped into the feet of Sergio for a goal.

The whole sequence was so bizarre.
First off they were under tremendous pressure, won the ball and booted it clear, but it hit the useless **** on his fat arse and landed at one of our players. So he blew up.
No one knew why? He’s part of the pitch so the ball hitting him is part of the game, but he instantly invoked a new rule.
Then he didn’t inform anyone it was a drop ball, he just waved his arms around a lot and gave it to Southampton.
The player, totally non plussed, gave it to the keeper when we then claimed a back pass. You should have seen Mason’s face, he thought he’d have a horse’s head in his bed tonight.
Not to worry he saved the day by fucking up our free kick

Dropped ball - Laws 8 & 9

Changes

If play is stopped inside the penalty area, the ball will be dropped for the goalkeeper

If play is stopped outside the penalty area, the ball will be dropped for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the point of the last touch

In all cases, all the other players (of both teams) must be at least 4m (4.5yds) away

If the ball touches the referee (or another match official) and goes into the goal, team possession changes or a promising attack starts, a dropped ball is awarded

Really baffling to understand what has happened with B Silva nowhere near the sparkling performer of last season i would rest him for Mahrez but after an improved start, he has reverted back to the predictable inept player who for the money has been very disappointing Cannot knock are comeback today but missing the quality we have endured has set us back and made the task to complete a title treble almost unattainable if we allow them to dry bum us on Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.