Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s off to Bavaria, possibly in jan but if not then certainly in the summer
UBPIqyS.gif

Anything less than £120m and we have been well and truly mugged off.
Give over, not a prayer we will get that much now he’s had this injury and only got 18 months left. We maybe could have got that if we’d sold him in the summer.

I think we will be hoping to shift him in Jan, if fit enough, and I reckon we will do well to get €100mil.

The sad thing for me is that his leaving is IMO all of our own making. Pep barely started him last season, brought him on only with minutes to go - or not at all - with games crying out for his injection of skill and pace, and subbed him off first in pretty much every game he started.

I agree with this. We know Bayern are interested in him, but don't seem to have made much of an effort to sway him in the direction of staying with us. It was reported that we wouldn't be raising our contract offer to him and, towards the end of last season, he seemed to start virtually none of the big games. Would be hardly surprising that his head has been turned by Bayern given our apparent lack of interest in trying to persuade him that his future lies with us.

I found out the other day that a rival law firm had tried to poach two of my firm's best lawyers. In response, the managing partner gave them both a pay rise and a promotion. In the real world, that's how you get people to turn down offers from your competitors. Just telling them that they're welcome to stay on the existing terms doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

EDIT - I'm sure City know this, and my conclusion is that we therefore can't regard him as indispensable. It will disappoint me to see him go, but I assume there's a plan behind it if he does.

Give over, not a prayer we will get that much now he’s had this injury and only got 18 months left. We maybe could have got that if we’d sold him in the summer.

I think we will be hoping to shift him in Jan, if fit enough, and I reckon we will do well to get €100mil.

yep, that injury took lot of millions from our pockets.

I think Bayern may want to see how Leroy recovers after a cruciate knee injury. I would if I were them.
I reckon they'll wait until his contract is almost up. It could be next season before he gets a good run of games to see if/how his injury affects him as he'll be played sparingly when he's back. Leroy's in an interesting position, though. If he pushes himself too hard to get back in the team and find form he risks another injury.

All I can say is whatever the rights and wrongs, the tactics and strategy and the sense of it or not, I will be very very sad if/when he leaves.

For me, he's brought us some of the most incredible football I have ever seen. The Arsenal game when we were 3-0 at half time and he got the 3rd, for example. I am crap at remembering specific games, but countless ones in 17/18 where KDB pinged him a fabulous pass whilst he went on a run and went on to score. I loved it.

And the fact he's so young, so talented and so marketable as well. He could have been our poster boy. Our Mbappe, our Neymar.

I would have bent over backwards to keep him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.