Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely think City’s best option is to come and attack us at Anfield. I know it hasn’t worked in the past, and we love a counter attack but last seasons game was so cagey, and yes City had the better chances and missed a penalty but I really think you should come and go for it against us. Salzburg had us at sixes and sevens penning us in. The worst thing they did was equalise to make it 3-3. Almost like they didn’t know what to do next. MOTD focuses on how City’s defence wobbles when under pressure but ours is the same, when teams really push us back, which is rare. Trent, I love him, but is a liability at times defensively, and Lovren is a present from us to anyone who plays against him.

I’d take the 0-0 now 100%. But at the same time would like to see a good game of football, rather than the usual Anfield set up of 10 men behind the ball waiting for a Corner most teams play. Fact Arsenal and Tottenham now turn up and set up like Burnley is just depressing. Hoping for a good game.

After this match the 6 teams both teams haven’t played is very different. City still with the Rags, Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal. Think even the most blinkered out there would admit that run looks favourable for us. West Ham away obviously moved now. I didn’t actually realise after you lot we’ve already played the so called “Big 6”.

City 6 Opponents Still to play:

Chelsea (H)

Newcastle (A)

Burnley (A)

Man United (H)

Arsenal (A)

Leicester (H)

Pool 6 Opponents Still to play:

Palace (A)

Brighton (H)

Everton (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Watford (H)

West Ham (A)

Anyway just a post for those who might like to talk football.

I’ll let Airvent to pick up anything else!

The big 6 thing is a Sky/BT Sport click-bait. United are beyond shit and Arsenal are a joke. No way either is among the best 6 in the country. That said, your schedule has been tougher than ours and you have done well to be 6 pts clear, albeit inflated by the usual dodgy penalties and other strange decisions.

Also not sure what you mean by 6 opponents left to play. After this match + 6 more, both teams will have played 18 games. Has there been some unbeknownst rule change that the PL trophy gets awarded at that point? I wouldn't put it past the FA but it would be news to me.

Genuinely think City’s best option is to come and attack us at Anfield. I know it hasn’t worked in the past, and we love a counter attack but last seasons game was so cagey, and yes City had the better chances and missed a penalty but I really think you should come and go for it against us. Salzburg had us at sixes and sevens penning us in. The worst thing they did was equalise to make it 3-3. Almost like they didn’t know what to do next. MOTD focuses on how City’s defence wobbles when under pressure but ours is the same, when teams really push us back, which is rare. Trent, I love him, but is a liability at times defensively, and Lovren is a present from us to anyone who plays against him.

I’d take the 0-0 now 100%. But at the same time would like to see a good game of football, rather than the usual Anfield set up of 10 men behind the ball waiting for a Corner most teams play. Fact Arsenal and Tottenham now turn up and set up like Burnley is just depressing. Hoping for a good game.

After this match the 6 teams both teams haven’t played is very different. City still with the Rags, Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal. Think even the most blinkered out there would admit that run looks favourable for us. West Ham away obviously moved now. I didn’t actually realise after you lot we’ve already played the so called “Big 6”.

City 6 Opponents Still to play:

Chelsea (H)

Newcastle (A)

Burnley (A)

Man United (H)

Arsenal (A)

Leicester (H)

Pool 6 Opponents Still to play:

Palace (A)

Brighton (H)

Everton (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Watford (H)

West Ham (A)

Anyway just a post for those who might like to talk football.

I’ll let Airvent to pick up anything else!
Liverpool have to win the game whilst City are without Laporte

Liverpool have to win the game whilst City are without Laporte

Is correct. When teams play for 0-0 in a game like this, they generally come a cropper. Look no further than the derby game in 2012 for an example of that. Also to an extent, the game at the Etihad last year. If we draw next week, then we can win at the Etihad and be only 3pts behind, which is really nothing. But Pep won't play for a draw. I think he will approach it somewhat similar to last year - neutralise their initial frenzy for the first 20 minutes, then play ourselves into the game. For me, everything depends on Stones, Fernandinho and Gundogan. If they have strong games, then I am confident we will get chances at the other end. Keep in mind also, we didn't have KDB for either game last year. Doesn't quite cancel out Laporte, but his presence and leadership is a huge boost for sure.

Just don't see it happening. There's no time to click, we literally have to be on every single game or we risk losing critical points. That's how far both teams have pushed it, to a Real Madrid-Barcelona style head to head race with zero room for complacency.

We lost Kompany and didn't replace him. All the injuries. Looking far flakier than the past two seasons, and seem to have a tougher time in breaking negative sides down. Then there's the cat amongst the pigeons in VAR.

We have to expect them to hit at least 97 points again this season, probably 100. I certainly don't see them getting below 97, and this year their luck and hunger has only increased. Do you really think we can reach that level again, judging from what we've seen so far?. I don't - even if we win both matches against them, a mammoth task, I still reckon they're in the box seat.
You also thought they’d piss the games against Leicester, Rags, Sheff United, Spuds and Villa, they could have easily been 8/9 points less after those games, diving for penalties, poor refs and late goals have skewed your thinking. They will come a cropper, i injuries and fixture pile up will affect them. Even if we get beat next week it’s far from over.

You boys are cute.

y’all can’t recognize and enjoy and appreciate it’s the best football and best teams ever graced Europe.

mmmm I would say City are one of the best to have graced Europe but I fail to see how you could say this present dipperpool team are. They arent a patch on the best RM, or Barca teams. They lost 4 and drew one to win the champs league something great teams dont do , lose that many times.
I think you need to watch more champions league and look into its history RM have won it for fun were as dipperpool have won it the same about of times as you have fingers on one hand ....

The big 6 thing is a Sky/BT Sport click-bait. United are beyond shit and Arsenal are a joke. No way either is among the best 6 in the country. That said, your schedule has been tougher than ours and you have done well to be 6 pts clear, albeit inflated by the usual dodgy penalties and other strange decisions.

Also not sure what you mean by 6 opponents left to play. After this match + 6 more, both teams will have played 18 games. Has there been some unbeknownst rule change that the PL trophy gets awarded at that point? I wouldn't put it past the FA but it would be news to me.

The next six I'm assuming.

You also thought they’d piss the games against Leicester, Rags, Sheff United, Spuds and Villa, they could have easily been 8/9 points less after those games, diving for penalties, poor refs and late goals have skewed your thinking. They will come a cropper, i injuries and fixture pile up will affect them. Even if we get beat next week it’s far from over.

That's the thing though, those things keep happening over and over again to the point where it's now routine. It's showing no signs of abating - we said the same thing last year and it didn't happen. It seems to have doubled this year, whilst it's hard to argue that we haven't regressed a bit so far from where we were last year.

Looking at it as rationally as possible, I think they will hit 100 points this year. In that case it would mean we only afford to drop six points from here on in. Six, with 27 games remaining. Do you see that as realistic, all things considered?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.