minutes silence

I guess they see it as an opportunity to specifically mourn those related to City who died in the wars. Literally every other club does it as far as I know. Christ, can you imagine the grief we’d get in the media if we didn’t?! Tbh, think it’s a bit weird that you’re questioning it.

Perhaps he's questioning it because these things these days grow arms and legs, it's become Remembrance November and drags on for weeks. It should just be held on the weekend of Remembrance Sunday and if we are not at home then so be it, we would likely be at home for the next one the following year. What has it got to do with football anyway? Football is just piggy backing on to it , as it does with all causes/events that it feels will boost its image.
Those who feel very strongly about it can show their respects in their own time and in a way that they feel is most appropriate and respectful of the Day.

Whats odd is having a remembrance day on what is not remembrance sunday (or weekend) and them some folks complaining that some fans didn't adhere to it or behaved in a way that wasn't acceptable to them.
As you say, each to their own.

I do find your opinion strange.

I'm not on about remememberence sunday in this quote or the brave men and women who have died during conflicts involving our country i always buy a poppy and go to the cenotaph to pay my respects.

My personel issue is we have a minutes silence for everything now. Joe bloggs he played in 1926 or the tea ladys cat died last week etc etc. WE SHOULD hold and observe a minutes silence for remembeance sunday, tragedies like emiliano sala" etc, otherwise it loses what it's supposed to be about, my personal opinion but every week there seems something we need to observe
We are at Anfield next week so expect quite a few

We didn’t have a silence today, everyone in the stands started clapping after The Last Post when that’s not what you’re supposed to do as that’s when we’re supposed to have a two minutes’ silence.

But I do agree, people should be in their seats earlier for these things in general.
Yes it goes wrong every year because the announcer never tells the crowd beforehand that the silence commences immediately after the Last Post finishes. Same as last year certain parts of the crowd began to clap as if applauding the bugler for his playing and the moment lost. A correctly observed silence is extremely poignant.

With a Bugle Major in the Rifles we had one of the senior buglers in the British Army as was shown on the perfect way he played.

We also made a mess of the tribute to Mr Alexander on Tuesday when the crowd was clapping as the announcer was still talking because the procedure was not explained beforehand on that occasion too.

Perhaps he's questioning it because these things these days grow arms and legs, it's become Remembrance November and drags on for weeks. It should just be held on the weekend of Remembrance Sunday and if we are not at home then so be it, we would likely be at home for the next one the following year.
What has it got to do with football anyway?
I because of the all the footballers that took part joined up and fought in both World Wars. A bit like my works will hold a remembrance silence on the 11th for all the bus company employees that died in the wars .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.