World Vegan Day

Pretty much all meat now has a Quorn / Linda McCartney or even own supermarket brand alternative. Some (like the Quorn chicken pieces) are very tasty. On their own many will say not but added in a curry or other sauce and in a stir fry they are really good.
I’m a vegetarian, but Quorn pieces are pretty awful compared to some of the new offerings. Not sure what you can get in the States, but the Vegetarian Butcher and Vivera stuff over here is really good.

I’m vegan
Don’t see why it irritates other people so much
I never lecture anyone on what they choose to eat,I do all the cooking in my house so cook plenty of meat for my youngest lad who wouldn’t consider any meal without meat involved in it
Wife is vegan as well and daughter is veggie

It's not the fact that it irritates people, because it doesn't.
Maybe not you personally, and not a go at you, but it's the fact that vegans, veggies, whatever, continually announce their position with righteousness and contempt towards the meat eaters and our ruination of the planet as a result. As far flung and over simplified that that is.
Before veggying was a thing you never heard of the meat eaters hating on the the odd vegetarian, at least I hadn't.
Furthermore their position baffles me when humans are evolved omnivores.
If their choice is to not be one, and they don't want to join us in our Reindeer eating games, that's fine.
Why do I need to hear about it?
They should be polite and please eat with their mouth closed.

It's not the fact that it irritates people, because it doesn't.
Maybe not you personally, and not a go at you, but it's the fact that vegans, veggies, whatever, continually announce their position with righteousness and contempt towards the meat eaters and our ruination of the planet as a result. As far flung and over simplified that that is.
Before veggying was a thing you never heard of the meat eaters hating on the the odd vegetarian, at least I hadn't.
Furthermore their position baffles me when humans are evolved omnivores.
If their choice is to not be one, and they don't want to join us in our Reindeer eating games, that's fine.
Why do I need to hear about it?
They should be polite and please eat with their mouth closed.
The problem with this post is that you're outright lying.

It's an absolute bullshit myth that vegans, "continually announce their position with righteousness and contempt" when the opposite is largely true. You're generalising about large groups of people. The reality is that most vegans keep themselves to themselves and do their own thing. What you, of course, neglect to mention is that as soon as someone finds out that you're vegan (usually by accident or by someone else telling them), then you get 'hilarious' and/or overly-defensive meat-eaters jumping on them, pushing their views about why it's right to eat meat etc. If you insist on announcing your position on the subject, leave out the lies.

Cheers for that. Are you one? No ones more of a meat lover than me. I’m worried that I’d struggle to wave it goodbye.
Yes I am, and have been for 24 years. It's easy and the benefits are tremendous.

Many people have the same worries that you mention, but they soon see that they really had no reason.

Did you have the chance to watch the video I linked to? That explains the reasoning better than I can.

The problem with this post is that you're outright lying.

It's an absolute bullshit myth that vegans, "continually announce their position with righteousness and contempt" when the opposite is largely true. You're generalising about large groups of people. The reality is that most vegans keep themselves to themselves and do their own thing. What you, of course, neglect to mention is that as soon as someone finds out that you're vegan (usually by accident or by someone else telling them), then you get 'hilarious' and/or overly-defensive meat-eaters jumping on them, pushing their views about why it's right to eat meat etc. If you insist on announcing your position on the subject, leave out the lies.

I know 3 vegans and all they go on about is veganism, one of the people isn't allowed in my house any more after she said I was helping my grandchildren commit murder by them having burgers for tea. The other two are almost religious abstaining from contact where eating is involved.
It's not a generalisation that they are mainly preachy because they can be and we all generalise we only take umbrage with generalisations if they include us.

I know 3 vegans and all they go on about is veganism, one of the people isn't allowed in my house any more after she said I was helping my grandchildren commit murder by them having burgers for tea. The other two are almost religious abstaining from contact where eating is involved.
It's not a generalisation that they are mainly preachy because they can be and we all generalise we only take umbrage with generalisations if they include us.
I know thousands of meat-eaters and all they go on about is meat. Bacon this, chicken that. Many of them aren't allowed in my house after telling my young family what they should be eating and spouting unfounded bullshit about protein and other nutrients. Many of the others are almost religious, like they can't go a meal without eating meat and banging on about their food, knowing that is causes annoyance. It's not a generalisation that they are preachy because they can be and we all generalise we only take umbrage with generalisations if they include us.

The point is, you know 3 vegans who go on about it but you probably know plenty more vegans but you don't even know that they're vegans. There are people I've known for years and years who I've only recently found out are vegan. Stop generalising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.