World Vegan Day

I know thousands of meat-eaters and all they go on about is meat. Bacon this, chicken that. Many of them aren't allowed in my house after telling my young family what they should be eating. Many of the others are almost religious, like they can't go a meal without eating meat and banging on about their food, knowing that is causes annoyance. It's not a generalisation that they are preachy because they can be and we all generalise we only take umbrage with generalisations if they include us.

That post made no sense at all and you know it, vegans are self righteous in the main and I wont tolerate their preaching IRL.

I know thousands of meat-eaters and all they go on about is meat. Bacon this, chicken that. Many of them aren't allowed in my house after telling my young family what they should be eating and spouting unfounded bullshit about protein and other nutrients. Many of the others are almost religious, like they can't go a meal without eating meat and banging on about their food, knowing that is causes annoyance. It's not a generalisation that they are preachy because they can be and we all generalise we only take umbrage with generalisations if they include us.

If you're preaching veganism to your kids you should have them taken off you, not fit to parent.

The point is, you know 3 vegans who go on about it but you probably know plenty more vegans but you don't even know that they're vegans. There are people I've known for years and years who I've only recently found out are vegan. Stop generalising.

I don't believe you at all, you can't suddenly discover you are a vegan it takes effort to get that twisted, and that isn't really a generalisation.

The point is, you know 3 vegans who go on about it but you probably know plenty more vegans but you don't even know that they're vegans. There are people I've known for years and years who I've only recently found out are vegan. Stop generalising.
Vegans don't constantly go on about being vegans?

Try it sometime.

OK, you're not willing/able to engage in adult conversation, so I won't bother. I tried.

You've just stated that some people you know suddenly discovered that they are vegan, do you honestly believe people will accept that as a truth?

I’m a vegetarian, but Quorn pieces are pretty awful compared to some of the new offerings. Not sure what you can get in the States, but the Vegetarian Butcher and Vivera stuff over here is really good.

I too am a vegetarian (I do lapse maybe once a year) and just stick to fresh vegetables and soups etc. I do however crave those vegan sausage rolls from Greggs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.