Balotelli walks off pitch after racist abuse

Just watching the match now on delay. Not just a handful of idiots either. They should have emptied that stand behind the goal and sent the ****s home.
That would put an end to it.....
Introduce a rule that if racist chanting is there, then that whole stand has to leave or the game wont restart and the end is closed for the next game.
Will piss off a lot of non racist fans but next time a chant goes up the majority will tell them to fuck off.

2019 and racism still rife. F*cking awful.

Racism isn't going away it's in the main going underground, it's a worldwide human thing maybe a trait. It doesn't mean that it should go unpunished, it should, but it will always be with us no matter where we live in the world.

Too much "win at all costs" in football for me, opposition players more concerned with trying to get Mario booked than stopping racist chanting.

Well done mario, can’t trll from that small clip whether his team mates are aware of his reasons for walking off or whether they think he’s just lost the plot for no reason again but if they’re aware of the abuse it’s a disgrace they don’t back him
I think they didn't know because later in the clip you see both sets of players supporting him.

Pains me to see players fighting for their own sake for him to remain on the pitch when he clearly doesn’t want to in that moment.

The unity should have been to walk with him whilst he made his own choice, as he was the only one there subject to that disgusting behaviour.

Clearly staying on the pitch isn’t working as they’re all still being abused and they get to walk out of that stadium knowing their team secured 3 points.
Walking off basically forces UEFA or the Italian FA in this case to make a decision. And then they basically have a choice to side with the victim or side with the racists. The whole problem in some countries is that they barely even acknowledge the problem. While we're by no means perfect in the UK, long gone are the days of a whole stand routinely chanting racist things at black players like you see in Italy and other countries. So I the Premier League I think it's fine for players to let the authorities deal with it on a case by case basis and usually the clubs themselves are pretty good at making sure racists are banned if they are identified.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.