Is The Apprentice past its sell-by?

I thought this about four or five years ago.

Nit watched the last four series.

What a plasterer uses isn't it?

That is genuinely what they thought it was.

Well its about 4 weeks in and we have the usual selection of misfits, weirdos and charlatans (and I'm not talking Karren Brady and Claude Littner) and things are pretty much usual fare.

We have 2 'comedy' contestants in this series: uber posh Ryan-Mark who sells knickers in Harrods and uber common Thomas who sells 'pillas' on Bethnal Green Market. His down to earth cockney wideboy charms are working on Lord Shugga so far as he keeps escaping various mishaps by the skin of his teeth.

As for the aftermath show 'You're Fired', previously hosted by Rhod Gilbert who was good but now by the intensely irritating Tom Allen who seems to think the show is all about him.

Agreed. The concept hasnt really changed at all in years except it’s now an investment rather than a job (see Stella English). Plus they added sour bake Karen to turn her nose up.

week by week it’s the same tasks of trying to knock something together over 48 hours to test some basic skills they might have then sell it desperately.

the contestants - as others have same are the same annoying bunch each year and the only interesting bit is to see what their business idea is at the end. Most end up ruining their reputations.

i would like to see the apprentice become “the apprentice” where Claude, Karen and sugar help some start up work in modern business rather than all the games up until the winner.

I enjoy business shows both reality and documentary but I feel this concept has burned out.

a good show recently was Breaking fashion which was BTS at “in the style”. If you look past the industry of fashion it’s very good at showing how their fast fashion empire operates.

Not forgetting the weekly charade where they have 20 minutes to make themselves beautiful

Only hood think the apprentice has done is give is Michelle Dewberry as she is fit.

Sorry only sexist comment I will make but she is fit

"The Hopefuls" on Channel 4's the Word was better than any of these reality show things. Who would have knew when Big Brother hit the screens 20 years ago it would have spawned all the shit that followed.
Me personally, I cannot wait for the running man 2025. Donald Trump after serving his 2nd term of office hosts the world's favourite game show live from Dade County, Florida. America's most ruthless and dangerous criminals have two hours to stay alive with such crowd favourites as the genetically modified clone of the Malinois dog that took out Isis hot on their heels inside thunderdome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.