Balotelli walks off pitch after racist abuse

you are correct, they aren't. the players are part of society in that land, and that land has an ingrained issue with this type of behaviour. its a tumor that needs cutting out.

although not eradicated in the uk, we have come a very long way.

A bit like hooliganism a lot of countries are thirty years behind the UK in this regard. You will never fully eradicate it but the majority will in the end find it abhorrent.

Verona fans are notorious as some of the most racist in Italy, so no surprise that it happened. Well done to Mario for reacting to it, I won't hold my breath waiting for the Italian authorities to do anything constructive.

No doubt he will be made to look like he’s overreacted.
Well done mario.
Pity your team mates didn’t fully support you and walk off too.

I love City and I love being in the stands but I hate that soccer/football as a culture is about as low as it can be in terms of disrespectful behaviour.

Am I mad to think that an atmosphere can still be good supporting everything positive and ignoring the opposition and refs etc?

This is why I guess I love being involved in kid's sports where respect is still maintained and why as time goes by I'm enjoying GAA more and more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.