Fireworks/Bonfire night.

I don't really mind them to much but being a dog lover and seeing how it affects them then that can be annoying. If i know on x night they will be let off i can do the curtains closed, 5000w lamps all on with the telly shaking its self apart with the volume in order to "hide" it from my dogs thing. When on a random night a bloody huge air bomb goes off i do find myself automatically calling the responsible party a "fucking twat". Especially some of them these days, they shock wave makes you think someone has just hammered on your window with the force of a thousand supernovas. Those should be restricted to licensed events or at least in a well organized one not set off in the middle of a housing estate.

Next door or our ourselves would knock on the neighbours if we were having our bonfire on the 4th or 6th etc just so they could be prepared as they had dogs to. I think that consideration has died off in many places to now which doesn't help.

When i was a kid you bought a few boxes of the normal ones and some rockets with a pretty big one to finish, they went bloody high up though and looked cool. Some of these modern airbombs go off very low and have a hell of a shock wave. They give you the fright of your life so nervous people/old people (a lot of them anyway)/pets must be in absolute bits.

Right now a 5 shot air bomb thing has gone off and set a load of car alarms off. 3:15am? come on you twats have a day off.

I don't really mind them to much but being a dog lover and seeing how it affects them then that can be annoying. If i know on x night they will be let off i can do the curtains closed, 5000w lamps all on with the telly shaking its self apart with the volume in order to "hide" it from my dogs thing. When on a random night a bloody huge air bomb goes off i do find myself automatically calling the responsible party a "fucking twat". Especially some of them these days, they shock wave makes you think someone has just hammered on your window with the force of a thousand supernovas. Those should be restricted to licensed events or at least in a well organized one not set off in the middle of a housing estate.

Next door or our ourselves would knock on the neighbours if we were having our bonfire on the 4th or 6th etc just so they could be prepared as they had dogs to. I think that consideration has died off in many places to now which doesn't help.

When i was a kid you bought a few boxes of the normal ones and some rockets with a pretty big one to finish, they went bloody high up though and looked cool. Some of these modern airbombs go off very low and have a hell of a shock wave. They give you the fright of your life so nervous people/old people (a lot of them anyway)/pets must be in absolute bits.

Right now a 5 shot air bomb thing has gone off and set a load of car alarms off. 3:15am? come on you twats have a day off.
Did you manage to get the house move?

Would have thought it was much more peaceful up there.

Did you manage to get the house move?

Would have thought it was much more peaceful up there.
Yes bud, just at my paps in Wigan currently though until Tuesday. He is getting on now so i am deep cleaning the entire abode because he thinks a hoover is simply an interesting piece of engineering. So i have ordered a new washing machine and dish washer that arrive Tuesday. He is useless with anything like that so i have to sort it. The real hassle will be teaching him to use them. He doesn't do change/updating stuff very well. He still treats his tivo box with suspicion, only upgraded when his sky sports went off because the old boxes were being phased out, the silly old goat.

Yes bud, just at my paps in Wigan currently though until Tuesday. He is getting on now so i am deep cleaning the entire abode because he thinks a hoover is simply an interesting piece of engineering. So i have ordered a new washing machine and dish washer that arrive Tuesday. He is useless with anything like that so i have to sort it. The real hassle will be teaching him to use them. He doesn't do change/updating stuff very well. He still treats his tivo box with suspicion, only upgraded when his sky sports went off because the old boxes were being phased out, the silly old goat.
Ha parents, make the most of them bud.

I would have thought in Wigan it was just a normal early hours event. ;)

Hate fireworks they should be banned except for November 5.
I'm part of a campaign to get the government to ban them and will do continue to press hard for this legislation to change.
Like many others the idiots over the years have spoilt it and I blame bad parenting for a lot of it.
Try to get bonfires banned while you're at it. It's nothing more than an excuse to burn off a lot of rubbish once a year.

Try to get bonfires banned while you're at it. It's nothing more than an excuse to burn off a lot of rubbish once a year.

I'm quite lucky (or at least my dog is) that the village I live in was once home to Guy Fawkes and his mother, so we don't have any fireworks or bonfires in the village itself. Keeps it fairly sane and we can walk to the neighbouring village if we want to join in.

Their is a Facebook page
FAB Anti Random Fireworks page
Please like and get the legislation to change and the goal is to ban all fireworks apart from public displays.
Let's gets them banned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.