Gary Owen.

Was sat next to him at a bar, on Brighton seafront, about three hours before kick-off, final game of last season. I was already hammered by that point!

What a fucking brilliant day. What a location to celebrate a title, especially with that glorious weather. One of my best days as a City fan. Pure magic.
We were in the same hotel bar though outside top weekend, think he was in a strong St. Helens youth team with Ray ransom . Was fortunate to play golf with him once in a society day asked him about the transfer just said mal didn’t fancy him , great gutsy player & a top blue who should never of been sold but we all know that .

Anyone remembrr Big Mal justifying selling Gary on some interview? Basically saying he didn’t fancy him as a player, which I thought was fair enough. It’s not like he went on to be a world beater. He was a good pro, who can rightly be proud of his career, but he was not top draw.

He was city through and through and still is....he never forgave Alison for what he did behind his back

Last time i saw him he was pissed up on Brighton front in May, walked past that hotel bar loads of blues were in & we got a quick pic with him. Always been great when I've met him

Stand next to Gary sometimes when working match day always have a good laugh with him, he hates United and sings along with the fans when it gets going to the stadium, top bloke, his son in law owns an Irish bar in Manchester that used to be Taps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.