Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article today in the mail about Nikita parris. She didn't leave for money, it was ambition to win champions league.
Bs. If all the players that have left, stayed, city would be in with a good chance of winning it. Down to money.

And understandably so. £35k a year isn't going to go very far for someone who has to retire in their early thirties.

They could get another job like the rest of us.

That exactly my point though. The salaries that the female players earn is what makes them like the "rest of us". And I think if someone on an average UK salary was offered the opportunity to earn £100k instead of £30k for doing exactly the same job, we wouldn't call them greedy or cynical for doing so. Particularly when their own career path stops dead in their 30s and they have to looks to retrain. This really is the difference between being able to support themselves and their family for the next 20-30 years and not being able to.

That exactly my point though. The salaries that the female players earn is what makes them like the "rest of us". And I think if someone on an average UK salary was offered the opportunity to earn £100k instead of £30k for doing exactly the same job, we wouldn't call them greedy or cynical for doing so. Particularly when their own career path stops dead in their 30s and they have to looks to retrain. This really is the difference between being able to support themselves and their family for the next 20-30 years and not being able to.

Crikey, is that the salary differential ?

Crikey, is that the salary differential ?
Between men and women in football ? No its £35k per year for the top women, and £100k+ per week for the top men. The men earn enough in a year for the rest of their lives, the women will have to work just like the rest of us. That said many of them are now getting into broadcasting, and not just for the woman's game, and I expect they earn more like parity there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.