1894 Group: Carabao Cup Singing Section

I agree.

All the Italian clubs who don’t have a drum and every decent English atmosphere that doesn’t have a drum, including top atmospheres at the Etihad, show that drums aren’t needed and far too many fans hate them!

What we need is to move the Singing Section because it’s in the wrong place. I can’t see that happening but that’s the biggest thing that stops a lot of the ground joining in - I’ve looked over and seen a number of people appear to be singing and clapping in the Singing Section but the away fans are miles louder right next to them so it’s like putting an iPhone speaker next to a giant gig speaker and hoping to hear it.

The other thing is to get the 1500+ fans in SSL1 who just stand there with their arms folded to get singing. The louder the Singing Section the more everyone else joins in with.

I know you won't change your opinion on this. We're not saying that the drum is the be-all and end-all. But just to counter what you've said:

- I don't think you can compare Italian support with British support. Different cultures and even without drums, those clubs still have a very high level of 'orchestration' within their fanbase. Capos, megaphones etc.

- The 3 noisiest fanbases in the UK are Celtic, Rangers and Palace IMO. That's mainly because they've embraced their ultras groups.

- The singing section would be better placed elsewhere for numerous reasons. But it was the most suitable place that was available after the extension. Every other option would have involved moving season card holders - we all know the uproar that has caused previously.

The last point your making is exactly what a drum could tackle. At the moment, the acoustics are really strange. When a song starts in 115, it's hard to hear it in 118. If you throw a drum in, everyone can hear it and everyone sings in time with each other. So it's louder and makes it easier for the rest of the ground to join in. It serves the same purpose as clapping to a beat in a song. It also means we can slow songs down so they don't get sang at 1,000 bpm.

You have to wonder at the type of fans block 115 is attracting these days.....

Last Tuesday - a woman moved from 116 to 115 for a better view, but was tutting that I was singing two rows behind her....

At the weekend - young lady gave me a strange look when I was whistling at their keepers timewasting....by the second half she had tissues in her ears....genuinely

Last Tuesday - a woman moved from 116 to 115 for a better view, but was tutting that I was singing two rows behind her....

At the weekend - young lady gave me a strange look when I was whistling at their keepers timewasting....by the second half she had tissues in her ears....genuinely

Nail on head there buddy, this is a huge problem.

Who are we to say who goes in a block and who doesn't, but in all fairness if we want to group the singers & create more noise then people diluting the area like the supporters you have come across are not going to help and one of the main reasons why we fail.

We have had complaints on social media about it being annoying when scarves are held up in 115 / 116, when asked why do you come in to one of the noisiest parts of the ground, the answer was "because I like to be amongst the singers & atmosphere". We kind of went round in circles with this one !

Manchester33 got it right there a drum isn't the be-all, its a split divide and the answer is the stadium is to quite so why have to try all ideas and what fans suggest. If we where on the same level as some of the European ultras who don't have a drum then all day long I would say we don't need a drum. But truth is we aren't, truth is we need to try things. So to try it an odd game for example in CL only, why not.

I know the drum irritates a few fans and makes them cringe, it would never be use to the extent that Basel fans did. But if it can help just the odd game in CL, get more fans grouping and noticing what we are trying to do, then who knows if we peak and create more noise the drum might not be needed.

Good that everybody is discussing these issues, only by chatting and bringing issues to fans attention do we move forward.

We all have good points, totally agree with Psychedelic in that the three main groups of singers cant see or hear each other so how are we supposed to sing together. Since stadium expansion and new corporate areas the stadium has become patchy and fans spread out. We wont get another chance to group together until we expand the north stand and when we do it will be our last chance, we cant afford to have the mess up of fans not locating to sing like we did when 115 / 114 was formed when the away fans moved.

There does seem to be a huge number of people who're unaware of where they're buying tickets. We've worked with the club to get a pop up on the ticketing website that says 'you're buying tickets in a singing section so expect it to be noisy' etc. But some still filter through.

Ignore them anyway, they're the weird ones going to football and not going mad.

you can imagine when the ticket agents get a phone call from a guy saying I need four seats together for my 74yr old mother and two children age 5 and 8. Agent will say "perfect got you 4 seats together smack bang in the middle of 115".

Their faces must be a picture when they arrive to see fans banging seats and shouting "if your watching on the tele your a c**t "

This has got to be the most Bluemoon comment I've ever seen.
Union bears are a loyalist group attached to Rangers. I'm sure you know that. I like the noise and colour 1894 group create, but would hate it if anyone has plans to emulate the Union bears.

Union bears are a loyalist group attached to Rangers. I'm sure you know that. I like the noise and colour 1894 group create, but would hate it if anyone has plans to emulate the Union bears.

We haven't Marv so you can rest easily. Same goes for the other side and Celtic's Green Brigade. All @Manchester33 is doing is pointing out that Rangers and Celtic are arguably the noisiest fans in the whole of the UK and that they've used certain "props" that are reviled amongst our fanbase to help get themselves to that level. Now some of that atmosphere may well be down to the sectarianism that exists amongst both fanbases but it might also simply be down to the fact that a lot more Rangers and Celtic fans like to sing at their matches than at many other clubs in the UK.

But at what point has anyone on here mentioned anything to do with wanting to emulate the political side of Rangers or Celtic's support?

But at what point has anyone on here mentioned anything to do with wanting to emulate the political side of Rangers or Celtic's support?
This was the comment I was querying. The replies have cleared it up. Thanks.

A good example to compare would be Rangers "union bears". The atmosphere & noise they create isn't because they have a drum or capo or sell their own merchandise, the fans in that singing section want to sing and all 2,000 of them. Because they want to sing, stick a drum in, have a capo at the front and it orchestrates more noise. Their singing block of 2,000 actually has a waiting list of fans wanting tickets in that block to belt out songs, you literally can not get a ticket in that part of the stadium. Sounds like I'm moaning please dont get me wrong, but the fact of the matter is we get a group of 100 tickets ( we could increase it by more if demanded ) and 50 or 60 come forward to buy them.

This was the comment I was querying. The replies have cleared it up. Thanks.

Yeh all clear, 1894 will never touch on political issues such like the above. We go back in to the history of our wonderful club, we celebrated Peterloo in Sept, we have banners "born in gorton" but it is as far as we go.

As M18 pointed out celtic / rangers are the noisiest supporters groups in uk by far, even the smaller clubs north of the border are now forming good groups and aren't political. We met up with a guy from Dundee the other week, they are making some noise at their games. It shows grouping together and singing can be done regardless of how modern day football changes the game.

Its simple stuff, don't look over your shoulder, no apathy, no too cool for school, just belt your heart out for the best team in the land and all the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.