minutes silence

Load of bollocks.

We have always, same as every club, recognised the "fallen" on the nearest day to November 11th (today in our case).

We also don't "remember all those loved ones who have passed" at the end of the season, we do it at the nearest game to the end of the calendar year.
Correct. The names of Blues who have died that year shown are flashed on the scoreboards and some are even mentioned over tha PA such as Alan Henning a taxi driver from Salford helping others and beheaded by ISIS for his troubles.

It is done every year. If people actually go they would surely know this.

not sure if fans on the concourse having a pint realised it was the remembrance before KO.

perhaps club should have turned off sky report on tv screens and put a note on there, also shut the bars down 10 minutes early. A full stadium without noise from the concourse would have been far better

not sure if fans on the concourse having a pint realised it was the remembrance before KO.

perhaps club should have turned off sky report on tv screens and put a note on there, also shut the bars down 10 minutes early. A full stadium without noise from the concourse would have been far better
I made a comment about it being a bit early when it got announced. But then realised it was last home game before 11th . Not sure how many others only realised the minutes silence was happening after getting inside

Some people have taken my thread out of context , it has nothing to do with the date of the silence etc., it was the inability of our stewards to make the late comers aware of the silence ,we as a club were superb on Saturday against Southampton , maybe i am being pedantic but i believe we could do better to stop the noise on the concoures / bars etc when a silence is taking place

Some people have taken my thread out of context , it has nothing to do with the date of the silence etc., it was the inability of our stewards to make the late comers aware of the silence ,we as a club were superb on Saturday against Southampton , maybe i am being pedantic but i believe we could do better to stop the noise on the concoures / bars etc when a silence is taking place
We didn’t have a silence. It was the last post then everyone wrongly clapped for about ten seconds then the game kicked off.

Sadly, we haven't always respected silences.

I was at Anfield sat in the Liverpool end with my missus when Carl Griffiths scored in the opening minute?

It was the silence for the passing of Matt Busby and it's fair to say it wasn't respected by plenty of our knuckle draggers.

The Liverpool fans all booed us, quite rightly, and it was shameful to be a blue.

I remember how outraged we all were when Everton fans disrespected the silence for Joe Mercer, a former player for them, too.

Sadly, we haven't always respected silences.

I was at Anfield sat in the Liverpool end with my missus when Carl Griffiths scored in the opening minute?

It was the silence for the passing of Matt Busby and it's fair to say it wasn't respected by plenty of our knuckle draggers.

The Liverpool fans all booed us, quite rightly, and it was shameful to be a blue.

I remember how outraged we all were when Everton fans disrespected the silence for Joe Mercer, a former player for them, too.
Would they be the same two faced Littlewoods fans that booed during the silence for George Best at our place? We spent days afterwards listening to rags in the media wrongly blaming City supporters for the disrespect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.