Var debate 2019/20

The why VAR is being used, anyone would think there is a vested interest in certain teams being helped to reach top 4 whilst denying other teams the chance to reach the same dizzy heights. Off to make sure the odd decision goes against certain teams to make people think it is all legitimate although I have my doubts

Arsenal old boy just called it on motd 2, rugby got it right.
I've said all along bring it up on the big screen, f##k the monitor let everyone have a look.
I've read that rugby is a slower game etc. So got time, dippers played 98 minutes yesterday with added time to both halves so not exactly rushing it.
Rugby has it spot on, ref asking the question, screen showing what he asked for, second opinion if required.
Simple as that, this sport thinks we are going to be different because of the prestige they feel they have, not followers but leaders.
What a load of nonsense, just because rugby has it spot on and football doesn't, get it sorted before we all give up caring you big minded twats
Taht twat Keown has been supporting var since day one

All this about rugby getting it right. Come on. Rugby referee ask for second opinion about an offence etc, they, usually, get it correct. Football; inept referee makes a decision(if you are lucky) VAR (run by another inept referee) confirms decision. The rugby games I have watched are usually refereed by competent officials that are respected. Foot ball games aren’t.

Couldn't agree more. I have always suggested that the referee should be give a third card and when he spots timewasting he should wave this Blue card in the air, notifying the 4 th official of +30 seconds.

There's another wee tweak I'd add to the LotG - when a player who has infringed said laws then picks up the ball and walks back to his or her own goal, the free kick can be taken where they have deposited the ball! It is ever so easy to eliminate these niggles and behaviour that contravenes what the laws say about sporting behaviour. I just wonder, with the wryest of smiles, why nothing has been done about it! I hope the club pick a phone and ask Old Mother Riley why Mason sees fit to issue a yellow card to Eddie for timewasting when the Soton goalkeeper was not admonished once for continued and deliberate slow play intended for one purpose only - wasting time.

I think Chappers said Dele Alis handball was viewed 26 times by Var? .....26 TIMES! Why aren’t they going to the screen pitch side? Even the women refs in the women’s WC were going over checking.
26 times and each time they must have been looking at an advert for something else, because they sure as hell were not looking at the video footage of the handball that I am yet to speak to a single person who didn't see it clearly after their first look at it

The way offsides were decided by VAR in the world cup was absolutely fine. They should just use one line across the pitch and if the VAR can't tell with the naked eye whether it's offside or not then go with the onfield decision. This imaginary vertical line in the air needs binning off asap, it has turned it into a farce.

I will say again. There is nothing wrong with the system apart from the fact that it is run by the wrong people. Old Mother Riley and his compatriots are NOT fit for purpose. We have said on here for years that the standard of refereeing in the PL is worse than appalling and it all stems from the top. OMR will not accept that his referees are inept and until he does nothing will change. Perhaps a concerted effort by the media highlighting all that is wrong will maybe change things. Managers complaining won’t as they will just get fined. Maybe if all the CEOs got together maybe then but OMR must go.

Why don’t we all email our CEO? We have a confederation of OSCs don’t we? If they all did the same to their CEOs would that achieve anything?

I just find it frustrating that we fans who go and pay to watch this don’t have a say.

THREEPEAT

I find it interesting that referees seem to be untouchable where the media are concerned. They never get the dog's abuse they deserve after a shit performance, yet it can't be from any ethical or moral standpoint as journalists are devoid of such noble attributes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.