Gary Owen.

Had a quick word with him at the hotel bar on Brighton sea front after the decider...… He was VERY happy.....(and was there before and after the game so he'd probably had a fair few !!)

Correct. Remember beating coventry 2-0 at home maybe 78 and he scored both goals, penalties in the second half in the North Stand.
Nice one. Just looked that game up Ray Gobles (RIP)book......1978/79 Oct 14th 1978 2nil win. Owen managed 11 goals from midfield that season ,a good return for a centre mid...Always liked his style of play.a grafter. Give and go...a bit imo like Neil Mcnab for us in the late 80s...played a simple game.ball on the deck,pass and move.....Mcnab was then of course at the end of his career...having started as a Winger aged 15 at Morton.Scotland.

He was doing a show on XS radio with Mickey Thomas as the red half. Sounded like they were mates on it. Feck of a sight better than the one on Radio Manc now.

Top player but I was always Barnes in the schoolyard.

The guy is an all round top blue and stands his corner against any rag scouser or any outher fucker who has a go at city

Still does a great Rod Stuart on karaoke

He did get plenty of goals in 1978-79, although he was our penalty-taker that year so not all his goals came from open play. I agree though he was a fine player and I believe he shed tears when Allison got rid of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.