Car insurance claim advice

dickie davies

From flat earth & I'm a c*nt (says @ LongsightM13)
Daughter bought her first car in Feb for £3800
Since then shes scuffed a panel, dented a sill and (pretty sure it was a scammer but cant prove it) bumped someone at a junction leaving superficial damage to her front bumper

A couple of weeks ago shes sat at a roundabout and gets twatted from behind
A car ran into the car behind her and smashed it into her
Admiral her insurer have been really good in providing a courtesy car but we now come onto the claim for her car
It was towed away and then the other insurance company has told her it's a write off and offered £2400! (Remember she paid £3800 8 months ago)
They have deducted the cost of repairs for the other damage (listed at £600) which still only values the car at £3k and they are refusing to move on the offer
The only car on autotrader within 50 miles with similar miles, age and spec is £3400
Advice please on how we proceed. Is it a case of solicitor involvement?
Surely they cant deduct value for a scuff on a panel!

Since then shes scuffed a panel, dented a sill and (pretty sure it was a scammer but cant prove it) bumped someone at a junction leaving superficial damage to her front bumper

Admiral her insurer have been really good in providing a courtesy car but we now come onto the claim for her car
Its towed away and then the other insurance company has told her it's a write off and offered £2400! (Remember she paid £3800 8 months ago)
They have deducted the cost of repairs for the other damage (listed at £600) which still only values the car at £3k and they are refusing to move on the offer
The only car on autotrader within 50 miles with similar miles, age and spec is £3400

Women drivers:)

Its towed away and then the other insurance company has told her it's a write off and offered £2400! (Remember she paid £3800 8 months ago)
The only car on autotrader within 50 miles either similar miles, age and spec is £3400

Why is the other insurer making an offer? it sounds like she has comprehensive insurance with Admiral... if so they should either repair the vehicle or make her an offer if its a total loss. It is then up to Admiral to recover their costs from the other insurance company.

As above

and of course they can adjust the offer for the condition of the car.

Has she claimed whiplash? Should get between £500 & £800 for it in about 6 to 9 months. I know it sounds cheeky but that's today's world. Not sure if 2 weeks later might be pushing it, though.

Can't help on the car valuation, sorry, but everything I hear is that you get less than book price.

Has she claimed whiplash? Should get between £500 & £800 for it in about 6 to 9 months. I know it sounds cheeky but that's today's world. Not sure if 2 weeks later might be pushing it, though.

Can't help on the car valuation, sorry, but everything I hear is that you get less than book price.
She did suffer and went to A&E for confirmation so that will be taken care of

People making false claims is why car insurance is so expensive especially for inexperienced drivers. Sorry I can't agree with that.

cheeky?
You are advocating fraud.

cheeky?
You are advocating fraud.
Technically I was enquiring about the matter, not suggesting a false claim ;)

A lot of rear end shunts cause whiplash and if the damage is thousands of pounds worth it must have been at a fair speed. A lot of people put up with the pain because they don't want to be seen as fraudulent, there's a balance to be had. I don't like it, but if you're out of pocket and have some injury you ARE entitled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.