Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to start Sergio for this one, I love Jesus but he's pushed off the ball to easily and we need Sergio's tenacity, guile and power to unsettle the fuckers .... It's a must win, not only in terms of points but in terms of putting these ****s back in their place and putting a marker down....!!

Rodri did a light training ahead of Atalanta today ... may not play against Atalanta but might make a surprise return on Sunday!

I'd risk THB at the back and put Fern in the middle, because that is where he is devastating. Mendy in defense with Walker and Stones. Foden, Fern, KDB in the middle, Sterling, Mahrez and Sergio or Jesus up front.

But that's just me :)

Dipper's are not strong at the back and i think Foden, KDB (with the option of Cancello, or with either Bernardo or David) overlapping with Sterling and Mahrez could be devastating for them....

We just have to trust in Pep, as we do, and see where it takes us.

i really don't think Diverpool are as strong as they were last season, and that even with a reduced team we can beat them anywhere. But to combat Mane and Salah, i really do think we need a four man back-line (5 with Eddy) as Salah tends to come in wide and Mane will be silenced if he has two to contend with. I think the only times they will score will be from set pieces, so we have to be overly mindfull not to be giving them away.
Fuck me I thought we had re-signed Tel Ben Haim for a moment

If Rodri's fit, I'd be going for something like this...

Ederson
Walker - Stones - Fernandinho
Cancelo - Gundogan - Rodri - Angelino
KDB
Jesus - Sterling​

Aderson
Walker....Stone....Fernandinho...Mendy
Gundogan
KDB..........................Bernando
Mahrez.....Aguero.......Sterling

we have to win this match. and hopefully, with good refereeing decisions, we can do it.
let us hope for the best

Would be tempted to play with nobody down the middle up front and confuse the fuck out of their central defence. Do they go out into the midfield where they are outumbered or do they stay where they are and track the runners. Get them dragged out of position and then get into the gaps they have left. Pin their full backs back and all they have left is the hoof over the top and of course the infamous sniper who keeps shooting their front three when they are in or around the box. Play as we did last year and don't let Mahrez near a penalty and the three points are ours.

This is from sky port page by Paul Merson " there's only one winner in my opinion and that's Liverpool, their front three will have too much for City's current back four"
Media and pundits are always against city win. I don't know what have we done to them. shame this is biased.

I think we simply have to play 3 centre backs here.

If we had Laporte or Kompany, we could stick to our usual shape no problem. But asking Stones and Fernandinho to deal with their front 3 is suicide.

Back 3 / 5 picks itself. The rest is down to whether Pep picks his favourite players, or those best suited to the role.

.......................Ederson
.....Walker..........Stones......Fernandinho
Cancelo...................................Mendy
......................Gundogan
............KDB....................Bernado
......................Sterling
......................Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.