Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a similar feeling but also had the same with Sancho tbh.
Sancho wasn't going to reach his potential here because he wouldn't have gotten the chance. We were looking to bring in new players in his position and had little intention of using him as a starter. It was never a question of his actual work ethic or his willingness to learn. It's different with Leroy in that he's already a first team player who lost his position as a starter due to issues with following Pep's instructions. The two situations aren't very comparable.

No what I was inferring was that if City did offer him an extension he would most probably sign, nowhere did I say that the club wouldn't be interested in offering him a new deal, they are obviously interested.

You're still losing me. If it is known that he will be interested and the club is (obviously) interested, than why it is not a formality then. Logic says it would have been done already.

You're still losing me. If it is known that he will be interested and the club is (obviously) interested, than why it is not a formality then. Logic says it would have been done already.
It was mentioned by Guillem Balague, the Spanish journalist who is pretty close to Pep and wrote a book about him, he was interviewed when he last signed his extension, he stated that Pep enjoyed it at City and liked the city centre and where he lived, but that City would have to be careful with offering too much in the way of years all at once with his contract and would almost have to offer him a rolling contract season by season if we wanted him to sign after his current contract is up, which is highly likely. Balague stated that if city did this he believed he would probably sign again. Its not a known fact It’s only an opinion from a friend of Pep.

Last edited:
It was mentioned by Guillem Balague, the Spanish journalist who is pretty close to Pep and wrote a book about him, he was interviewed when he last signed his extension, he stated that Pep enjoyed it at City and liked the city centre and where he lived, but that City would have to be careful with offering too much in the way of years all at once with his contract and would almost have to offer him a rolling contract season by season if we wanted him to sign after his current contract is up, which is highly likely. Balague stated that if city did this he believed he would probably sign again. Its not a known fact It’s only an opinion from a friend of Pep.

Yeah, I thought he'd stay here for long at that time. Not sure now.

How much is he worth if he's lost half a yard
Nothing but I don't think it was a full tear. We'll have to wait and see. We've all seen great young players damaged by injury eg Shearer, Owen, Balotelli, and maybe Mendy.

I think he'll be OK. I also think that he maybe having a re-think about Bayern. Look at the state of them. No manager and beaten 5-1 at the weekend. Does he really want to go into a team like that? Perhaps they will come back from a low, or perhaps they are a Man Utd in waiting? They are still being carried by Lewandowski who is now 31. If Leroy goes there next season Lewandowski will be fading and the pressure will be on Leroy. Not good timing. The world is still at Leroy's feet. He's not in a bad place. City have a special side. In one or two seasons, City could have a new side with Foden, and Garcia to the fore, and Jesus and Sterling up front with a new manager. He should think ahead.

Last edited:
Is he close to him or is he just a Spanish gobshite ?

This whole situation has been fucking weird. City apparently started discussions on new deal in December 2017!!

Then in early July it was apparently close.. then something changed. Bayern interest has been known since May. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.