Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was unfortunate. He was naive to do what he did without considering repercussions and it's understandable the company felt a need to take action so that the business doesn't take a hit but I'm sure a compromise could've been reached. Like a suspension or something to show that he's been punished for being bold. He may have to support a family.

Why have the Liverpool FC Echo posted a picture of him on his Twitter account? Something that could end in serious repercussions for him from rival supporters? Are they willingly trying to enflame the situation?

Pretty disgraceful behaviour.

That was unfortunate. He was naive to do what he did without considering repercussions and it's understandable the company felt a need to take action so that the business doesn't take a hit but I'm sure a compromise could've been reached. Like a suspension or something to show that he's been punished for being bold. He may have to support a family.
so under the same rationale should harvey elliot still be in a job??

Why have the Liverpool FC Echo posted a picture of him on his Twitter account? Something that could end in serious repercussions for him from rival supporters? Are they willingly trying to enflame the situation?

Pretty disgraceful behaviour.
Completely. Shouldn't have done that. He's already been punished. Won't help anything. Will just make more people angry so what's the point?

Completely. Shouldn't have done that. He's already been punished. Won't help anything. Will just make more people angry so what's the point?
there is no other fanbase or local paper that would hunt someone down like yours and the echo does. the anti hillsborough stuff i can get them being upset by but the heysel stuff? what could he possibly have said re heysel that could upset. this is what reinforces the always the victims chants in my opinion.

I work on Merseyside and have to work with mainly LFC fans on a daily basis. They are unbelievable. They say Man City have forced the rivalry with them. My argument is why would we force a rivalry with a club that has been largely unsuccessful since our period of success started. We've had them twice in the last five years which has caused massive paranoia amongst their beloved club and fanbase. Nope....apparently we've forced it because we're jealous of their success as the most decorated English club. Allison is way better than Ederson, Van Dijk is the best defender in the world as is Alexander Arnold also Robertson. You literally can't have any kind of reasonable football debate with them. It's impossible. There is zero point e trying to reason with them over anything. They are insufferable to put it mildly. Please for the love of god I hope we win on Sunday.
They've done it with Man United, Chelsea and now City. 3 rivalries peaking at different times to a none local rival, the one constant being Liverpool fans. I wouldn't be surprised if there's been one with Arsenal at some point. That's because, it seems all it takes is for one club to be in the way of "their rightful perch" in their entitled eyes.

https://talksport.com/football/550782/most-trophies-england-liverpool-european-cup/
After reading the above Liverpool arse-kissing major honours in English football ranking(and discounting the inter cities fairs cup which is not a major honour for a number of reasons). I started doing a top 10 in terms of major honours as of 1960, since most Liverpool fans are adamant they were massive club way above City before then, when their Littlewoods Pools win comes up in conversation.

It took me longer than I expected to get 10 places because there were so many teams level, so it's not quite a top 10 but it's easy to get the gist of the landscape back then.

1960 Major trophies ranking in English football:
1: Aston Villa 13
2: Arsenal 10, Newcastle 10
3: Blackburn 8
4: Everton 7, Man United 7, Wolves 7, Sheffield Wed 7, Sunderland 7
5: West Brom 6
6: Liverpool 5, Sheffield United 5
7: Man City 4, Preston NE 4
8: Spurs 3
Chelsea 1

I did it again for 1976 where City moved to 6th but it's less relevant to Liverpool(2nd) so I wont bother with that.

Last edited:
They've done it with Man United, Chelsea and now City. 3 rivalries peaking at different times to a none local rival, the one constant being Liverpool fans. I wouldn't be surprised if there's been one with Arsenal at some point. That's because, it seems all it takes is for one club to be in the way of "their rightful perch" in their entitled eyes.

https://talksport.com/football/550782/most-trophies-england-liverpool-european-cup/
After reading the above Liverpool arse-kissing major honours in English football ranking(and discounting the inter cities fairs cup which is not a major honour for a number of reasons). I started doing a top 10 in terms of major honours as of 1960, since most Liverpool fans are adamant they were massive club way above City before then, when their Littlewoods Pools win comes up in conversation.

It took me longer than I expected to get 10 places because there were so many teams level, so it's not quite a top 10 but it's easy to get the gist of the landscape back then.

1960 Major trophies ranking in English football:
1: Aston Villa 13
2: Arsenal 10, Newcastle 10
3: Blackburn 8
4: Everton 7, Man United 7, Wolves 7, Sheffield Wed 7, Sunderland 7
5: West Brom 6
6: Liverpool 5, Sheffield United 5
7: Man City 4, Preston NE 4
8: Spurs 3
Chelsea 1

I did it again for 1976 where City moved to 6th but it's less relevant to Liverpool(2nd) so I wont bother with that.
Great Research .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.