Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It helped to have that article as a starting point to be fair. The list would have stopped at West Brom in 10th doing it the way that Talksport did it, with 5 teams drawn at 5th place. Which is probably the traditional way but I think mine gives a clearer picture of how close it was back then.

Liverpool would be joint 11th and we would be joint 13th with 10 teams separated by only 3 trophies. Either way there was only 1 trophy between City and Liverpool at that time and only 3 trophies from 13th to 5th place(rags).

Doing it my way, we were still joint 9th with Wolves and Forrest in 2008 or joint 10th by Talksport's method. Also joint 8th or 9th in 2003(depending on method) before Chelsea's takeover and joint 8th by anyone's method before Blackburn started the "bought the league" excuse in 1995.

1976:
1: Aston Villa 15,
2: Liverpool 13
3: Arsenal 12
4: Man United 11, Spurs 11
5: Everton 10, Newcastle 10
6: Man City 9
7: Blackburn 8, Sunderland 8, Wolves 8
8: Sheffield Wed 7, West Brom 7
9: Preston NE 4 Chelsea 4

2008:
1: Liverpool 40
2: Manchester United 34
3: Arsenal 26
4: Aston Villa 20
5: Spurs 17
6: Everton 15
7: Chelsea 13
8: Newcastle 10, Blackburn 10
9: City 9, Forrest 9, Wolves 9
10: Sunderland 8, Sheffield Wed 8

Some of those were surprisingly high places to me. Not that it's worth getting too obsessed with trophy counts but it just shows despite all the crap said bout City not belonging, we have always been a top club in our own right.

There has never been any doubt about your conclusion to sensible supporters of other clubs, and it is only the ignorance , stupidity and arrogance of supporters of the dippers and rags( fanned by the media whores ) who have introduced this meaningless and empty taunt.

The trophy count is a measure held in esteem mainly by the the truly pathetic and mentally weak.

As much as I dislike the Dippers, I have to say I agree with Klopp about the ridiculous fixture congestion. Having to play two games in two days on two different continents is nothing short of stupid.

Something has to give. Either we reduce the size of the premier league and thereby the number of games, get rid of one if the domestic cups or rework the champions league. At the moment every match-up is home and away. Is that strictly necessary in a cup competition ? Maybe get rid of the “made fir TV” competitions like the World club championship.

I don’t pretend to have the answers but this can’t continue.

I think the rest of the football world should avoid using this tinpot plumbing company from now on then, teach them a lesson, dont bow down the those plastic fucking twats

As much as I dislike the Dippers, I have to say I agree with Klopp about the ridiculous fixture congestion. Having to play two games in two days on two different continents is nothing short of stupid.

Something has to give. Either we reduce the size of the premier league and thereby the number of games, get rid of one if the domestic cups or rework the champions league. At the moment every match-up is home and away. Is that strictly necessary in a cup competition ? Maybe get rid of the “made fir TV” competitions like the World club championship.

I don’t pretend to have the answers but this can’t continue.

The problem is that UEFA, FA and FIFA want more games, more exposure, more money. You've got a power struggle between UEFA and FIFA, so unfortunately the FIFA club and country initiatives won't be going anywhere soon.

Klopp moaning because they play 12 games between 23 November and 2 January.

Well we play 11 times during that period

Your own manager has agreed that the scheduling is ridiculous. Rather than seeing it as an attack on City. Why not realise that he's actually got a point?

Have you read the tweet? After reading this I don't think you have. It was pretty disgusting. All of it meant to incite and none of it true. If you think some if it is true then do some research.
I don't think he should lose his job but I can understand why a company would like to distance themselves from someone spouting hate speech because they didn't like the result of a football game.
No I have not but you can enlighten me on what he said about heysel because that is where I am lost. Hillsborough I totally agree with especially with ongoing legal cases but this holier than thou attitude is hypocrisy at it's best. Did you sack Suarez?
I have had the fake social media account due to an online discussion I had with a red. I just don't get the witch hunt mentality of a lot of your fanbase. And the echo supports it and encourages it as does the media. Your a fanbase who has no sense of boundaries or acceptance of their behaviour. If you say it it's all banter, anyone else and your indignant and horrified.
Edit - have read it and re heysel he said the ref was in the stands. The Hillsborough stuff was similar to stuff many say on forums etc. Am not condoning it but does the man deserve to lose his job over it. If he has a family then I would suggest not. Am sure some of the responses he got back were not appropriate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.