Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that UEFA, FA and FIFA want more games, more exposure, more money. You've got a power struggle between UEFA and FIFA, so unfortunately the FIFA club and country initiatives won't be going anywhere soon.
I hear you.

The problem is the top clubs are simply playing too many games and the elite players are only getting about two weeks or so off a year. They simply can’t keep going at this pace and someone has to push back against the TV companies.

As much as I dislike the Dippers, I have to say I agree with Klopp about the ridiculous fixture congestion. Having to play two games in two days on two different continents is nothing short of stupid.

Something has to give. Either we reduce the size of the premier league and thereby the number of games, get rid of one if the domestic cups or rework the champions league. At the moment every match-up is home and away. Is that strictly necessary in a cup competition ? Maybe get rid of the “made fir TV” competitions like the World club championship.

I don’t pretend to have the answers but this can’t continue.

No way will the premier league reduce the number of teams with the games they can sell world wide. There should have been common sense on this it’s crazy that they are allowing this to happen as it diminishes the competition on both counts, I’m sure Villa will be happy to face Liverpool’s youth team. Could they have not moved their weekend fixture to a Friday and then the league cup game to Monday?

No way will the premier league reduce the number of teams with the games they can sell world wide. There should have been common sense on this it’s crazy that they are allowing this to happen as it diminishes the competition on both counts, I’m sure Villa will be happy to face Liverpool’s youth team. Could they have not moved their weekend fixture to a Friday and then the league cup game to Monday?

That seemed the logical option, but the arguement there is you have to move 4 teams to Friday night, which is unfair on the two unaffected teams and their fans

Kind of rediculous from Klopp to argue about fixture pileup. They are not seriously interested in the EFL cup anyway,
given their weaker bench they have to focus on PL and CL while domestic cup matches go to their bench and EDS. So what?

Fixture congestion generally applies for teams busy in Europe,
that's why I would think about leaving CL and EL qualified teams out of the EFL cup season by season.
Big clubs don't really rate that "Milk cup" anyway and it would be nice to see other clubs fight for the silverware in pride and passion,
also for the EL qualification attached.

Then you could even keep 2 semi finals if traditionally really necessary.
As usual the only problem is about broadcasting contracts and profit growth in an already money inflated system.

No I have not but you can enlighten me on what he said about heysel because that is where I am lost. Hillsborough I totally agree with especially with ongoing legal cases but this holier than thou attitude is hypocrisy at it's best. Did you sack Suarez?
I have had the fake social media account due to an online discussion I had with a red. I just don't get the witch hunt mentality of a lot of your fanbase. And the echo supports it and encourages it as does the media. Your a fanbase who has no sense of boundaries or acceptance of their behaviour. If you say it it's all banter, anyone else and your indignant and horrified.
Edit - have read it and re heysel he said the ref was in the stands. The Hillsborough stuff was similar to stuff many say on forums etc. Am not condoning it but does the man deserve to lose his job over it. If he has a family then I would suggest not. Am sure some of the responses he got back were not appropriate.
Pretty much what I said. Plumbing company didn't want to take a financial hit. Have to be a little smarter these days. Can't shoot your mouth off like that on social media and expect no blow back. Most likely feels like a fool because of it.

Pretty much what I said. Plumbing company didn't want to take a financial hit. Have to be a little smarter these days. Can't shoot your mouth off like that on social media and expect no blow back. Most likely feels like a fool because of it.
Yeah because a couple of nasty words are worth someone losing their job 2 months before christmas. Rats

That seemed the logical option, but the arguement there is you have to move 4 teams to Friday night, which is unfair on the two unaffected teams and their fans

Surely before the season kicked off and they looked at all the variables on what could happen to Liverpool’s schedule and moved it then as I’m sure they would get the viewers who ever they would be playing. It’s nuts this has been allowed to happen, and should have been better planned by the different footballing authorities involved.

I hear you.

The problem is the top clubs are simply playing too many games and the elite players are only getting about two weeks or so off a year. They simply can’t keep going at this pace and someone has to push back against the TV companies.

I think that clubs and players will have to take a stand, at some point. The players are soon at their limit and most Managers and players would back any club that decides to "revolt".

Yeah because a couple of nasty words are worth someone losing their job 2 months before christmas. Rats
You can't openly back up the S*n newspaper's 'findings' on Hillsborough on Twitter. He actually wanted to stir it up and rile Liverpool fans and never considered any consequence of having 1000's of people disgusted and furious. What he did was naive a and short sighted at best.

You can't openly back up the S*n newspaper's 'findings' on Hillsborough on Twitter. He actually wanted to stir it up and rile Liverpool fans and never considered any consequence of having 1000's of people disgusted and furious. What he did was naive a and short sighted at best.

Agreed.

Does that apply to the 100’s of Liverpool fans across social media who thought the coach attack was funny, played it down, thought it was nothing more than Liverpool fans supporting their team, and made disgraceful remarks and comments about Pep, the players, and Mancunian’s in general, after the coach attack?

Where were you on the BM, Liverpool thread, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.