Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key to Mendy's amazing crosses are the fact they're timed perfectly and hit at a lot of pace, especially the ones along the ground.

So it's not surprising that it'll take a few weeks/months to re-calibrate. You can see him getting the pace wrong a bit, but I will say he's put in some incredible aerial crosses that if our strikers weren't midgets would have been guaranteed goals.

Look at when KDB came abck last season. His passes weren't quite connecting, and he was out for a significantly shorter period of time overall. It really does take a bit of time to get your feet to do what your head is telling them to do.

He needs another 4-5 starts to get close to his normal level. Which is the level that impressed Pep quite strongly.

Least he is playing again which is the main thing currently. I’m still not convinced with him, especially his passing but a run of games can’t do any harm and it’s not like we are blessed in that area.

Sorry, but Mandy is having an absolute mare in the 2nd half.

This current Mendy, in this current City could be a problem. He seems to have lost his pace (understandable) and he is barely getting forward. So we are only really asking him to defend these days and defending has always been the weakest part of his game. I wouldn’t blame him for their goal tonight but I would ask what the fuck he was doing at the far post.

Still just seems like such an un-Pep like player. Clumsy in tight spaces, and makes too many wrong - and daft - decisions with his passing. And yet can be devastating going forward. Frustrating.

He had a good game for me outside of the goal we conceded, and the chance they had just before.

Made a good few tackles and blocks, and contributed neatly in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.