Atalanta (A) CL Post-Match Thread

I dont think the penny dropped with anyone to be honest. Might be a weird anomaly in the laws???

That's why there's a fourth official, he is the rule book at the side of the pitch, just another wank UEFA way to fuck us over. I knew as soon as they started appealing it was out of the box that they were talking him into having to give a red but nope, not one of the referees, assistants, VAR people etc picked up on it supposedly...

Great few days for Walker!

We’ve had some great performances this season but our consistency is way off. For me the common denominator is a midfield without Fernandinho. Even when Rodri was fit, we just weren’t the same.

Ota and Stones played a big part in the centurions season, we lose too much in midfield and don’t gain enough at the back with Ferna at CB.

Yep. Despite wanting otamendi to be shown the door 1st January, I’ve been saying for weeks I’d sooner see otamendi partner stones with Fernandinho protecting than dinho +1 and a midfield with gundogan at the base against anyone decent as he offers zero protection and doesn’t take control of games where the opposition possesses a threat.

Reactions: CC1
That doesn’t sound too bad, he probably felt something and would normally carry on but because of Sunday didn’t want to take the risk.

It's the right formation but I would have Dinho at CB, Mendy LWB and Tommy D as DM.

Pep needs to roll the dice on this one as if we play our usual tactics at Klanfield we will come away with the usual result.
Crikey, you’re brave, not a prayer Tommy Doyle plays Sunday.

I dont think the penny dropped with anyone to be honest. Might be a weird anomaly in the laws???
It was the first thing that came to my mind and I was screaming at the commentators to mention it. They showed Pep discussing something with the 4th official so maybe he was enquiring.

Just think we are too naive as a team sometimes with this sort of thing.

The bravo one, I think was one of those that when it’s your keeper, you think it’s harsh and the striker sold it. If it was sterling or Aguero in the position of their striker though, I’d have been calling for a red card.

Looked to me like the foot was taken off the gas in the second half with an eye on Sunday and that coupled with Atalanta stepping it up a bit. First half we looked good though and had Jesus scored, it would have been qualification done.

I do think we need Fernandinho in midfield on Sunday though.
I agree but think it's a bit late to start partnering otamendi and stones now, so can't see it

Poor second half but a freak passage of play cost us. Has no bearing on what will happen Sunday, if Bravo has to play I expect him to perform well and we will need a solid defence in front of him. Would prefer Fernandinho to play in midfield but don’t expect he will

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.