Atalanta (A) CL Post-Match Thread

Ridiculous, why ?

Because risking a player that can’t really be replaced, in a nothing game(more or less) when we play Liverpool on Sunday is a big gamble where any upside is outweighed by the potential of a huge downside

About time I'd say, how many other clubs haven't given their marquee summer signing a run yet?
catrson1_2147547a.jpg

Why did it take so long for Kyle to come on? Looked like the ref wanted to play on without the keeper?

That was a game that should have been finished by half time, but once again against decent opposition we simply could not finish it off.

Injuries are no excuse that second half was piss poor and if we repeat that at any point come the weekend then we get nowt.

It may of course act as a much needed and firm boot up the arse that quite honestly is clearly needed. If we are as good as we think we are it will provoke a hell of a response come the weekend.

Its a long time since I have been angry at a City performance but tonight was piss poor or at least by the standards set over the last few years. No excuses even given the injuries. Those twats up the E Lancs would have won that.

It's hardly surprising really when we rested Stones, played a midfielder in defence and then lost our keeper at ht.

We should be pretty proud of our side given the injuries we've had and here we are 2nd in the league, in LC Quarters, and top of our CL group.

We definitely dipped a lot after ht, but when we went down to 10 men we showed bottle, organisation and quality in keeping the ball under pressure.
Best post you've made in a a while tbh Marv.

That's a great result there tonight. They were exceptionally well organised. They went man for man, forced us to go long and play against the breaks. They're a fine side, greater than the sum of their parts.

Gundogan is fucking shite though

Wouldn’t read the whole thread as I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game plus that extra time (eufa conspiracy again) so my opinions are based on what I watched.

I thought we were overrun in midfield because we just couldn’t get the ball back. Ederson’s save from that last free kick was dodgy it spilled out but he got lucky. The coaching team should ease on his training, he’s too lean and keepers are meant to be big.

Atalanta’s defending was impenetrable I have never seen another team pegged us to the corner flag like that even when we had 7 minutes extra from a game that only saw 2 goals. I didn’t read who scored for us but I bet it was David Silva he’s on fire in the patch.

1-1, but we’ll get them at home in the replay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.