Claudio Bravo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if he hadn't come out and they had scored and we lost the game, he would still be getting this vitriol

He wouldn't though, would he? Nobody is going to blame the keeper for not being out 25 yards from goal. There are one-on-one situations in every game, every single week and either the striker scores, or he doesn't. Not a single person ever says "why wasnt my keeper making a sliding tackle 25 yards from goal, the bloody useless git".

Ederson had a couple of games where he came out, made rash challenges and conceded pens and he got the same criticism as Bravo is getting now.

He wouldn't though, would he? Nobody is going to blame the keeper for not being out 25 yards from goal. There are one-on-one situations in every game, every single week and either the striker scores, or he doesn't. Not a single person ever says "why wasnt my keeper making a sliding tackle 25 yards from goal, the bloody useless git".

Ederson had a couple of games where he came out, made rash challenges and conceded pens and he got the same criticism as Bravo is getting now.

Just look at what bollocks is being spouted and that tells me he was dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't with some on here. At the end of the day he probably won us a point.
The bigger issue is why are we putting our keepers in such positions of choice

He hasn't re-signed has he?

Wonder who we've got in mind to replace him. Eddie will keep needing to be pushed.

Just look at what bollocks is being spouted and that tells me he was dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't with some on here. At the end of the day he probably won us a point.
The bigger issue is why are we putting our keepers in such positions of choice

I don't believe fans being against our keeper making sliding tackles 25 yards from goal, can be classed as bollocks.

He has done it twice now in 4 CL games and failed miserably on both occasions. I know people are saying he didn't touch the striker (I agree) but he didn't get the ball either. If the striker had decided to stay on his feet after going around Bravo, he arguably had a much easier chance than if Bravo had of stayed on his line. If anything, the strikers eagerness to go down, won us the point, not Bravos rashness/stupidity.

I don't believe fans being against our keeper making sliding tackles 25 yards from goal, can be classed as bollocks.

He has done it twice now in 4 CL games and failed miserably on both occasions. I know people are saying he didn't touch the striker (I agree) but he didn't get the ball either. If the striker had decided to stay on his feet after going around Bravo, he arguably had a much easier chance than if Bravo had of stayed on his line. If anything, the strikers eagerness to go down, won us the point, not Bravos rashness/stupidity.
You misunderstood the term bollocks, I was referring to the language being used against him, not his decision to come out

We play with a high line, and that requires or keeper to sometimes commit to come out. There's a risk associated with that, which doesn't always pay off. Didn't matter who the keeper is.

He came out earlier and cleared with his head. That's an example of the exact same situation coming off. That's the thing about risk, bad outcomes come about from time to time.

And it was still a better outcome than them scoring.

Not sure how people are criticising bravo. Decision was correct, he was let down by shocking play from gundogan (again) and did his best. Bloke should have been booked for diving, it was blatant. As it is he probably saved us going down 2-1 so I'll take that all day long and give bravo the credit.

We play with a high line, and that requires or keeper to sometimes commit to come out. There's a risk associated with that, which doesn't always pay off. Didn't matter who the keeper is.

He came out earlier and cleared with his head. That's an example of the exact same situation coming off. That's the thing about risk, bad outcomes come about from time to time.

And it was still a better outcome than them scoring.
Bob on, bobom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.