San Siro crowd control

Just been released from the cells now. Argued with a copper about how they were handling the queue. Next thing dragged to the side, punched and pushed by a plain clothes italian cop. The British liaison copper comes over and basically watched.
Hope you get home safe mate

This doesn't sound good all..
Quite upsetting if I'm honest
I know a good few older /disabled blues who would have made that trip .....There we're a couple of fans on here last night saying oh it wasnt that bad and I'm alright jack...they need to give their heads a wobble.
It's high time those who pay out hard earned money to travel to support our club abroad are afforded the protection decency and human rights expected in this day and age......or is that asking too much.?

It depended what time you were queueing. I was there from about 8:15/30ish. It was fine until lads started to get frustrated and the crowd got bigger. At the front there was metal gates which the stewards spaced themselves between. As more people pushed from the back the stewards just pushed back causing a small crush at the front. Didn’t bother me as a younger lad but there was one guy next to me with a bad back who was shouting to be pulled through and a few older women who were visibly uncomfortable. The stewards then let through 10/20 at a time but everytime they did loads of lads then tried to chance it again by trying to get through which just caused more crushing. Massive shouty police dogs and all sorts. Very strange experience.
The city staff were a complete disgrace tho. I will be contacting the club

Last edited:
Seemed to be controlled by intimidation tactics. The emails from city were a complete waste of time.

Got to gate 10 early after walking around the ground no problem. Then a steward asked to go to one side through an opening opposite Gate 10 into a holding compound.

Upon entering a line of stewards, bins and riot police ! Held on there for about 25 minutes. Half hearted look at ticket and searched.

The treatment given to fans was more inline with a concentration camp in the war.

Was needless to police the crowd that way last night. We got into the car park at around 8.10 after being pissed about by stewards and eventually guided by police. we’d walked through the Atalanta fans with no issues at all, quite the opposite actually, most were saying hello.

As soon as we joined the queue/mass of people the stewards were singling people out and we saw 2 pulled from the group for little or no reason. One simply asked how long they were holding us for.

shame to hear that people got crushed and felt uncomfortable. It wasn’t the worst I’ve seen, Ajax was much worse but that’s not the point.

Had a top day on the piss, met some great blues. I don’t think I’ll bother with Italy again though for an away unless it’s in the later rounds. Hope everyone that had problems is ok.

Reactions: Ric
Fucking hell mate behave yourself! 'Eye for an eye'

your right tho we should be more like Leeds fans at Elland Road (I assume you have never heard the story of the City steward and his son that got twatted there)?

Have you ever been to Elland road? well I have and i would rather never watch City again than be like them ****s!

Remind me again how many trophies have the Anfield & Elland Road atmosphere's won compared to City in the last 10 years?

Bricked the train going into Leeds from the embankments. Stood on Roundabouts looking into cars. There and Anfield have always been iffy. Everton was always ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.