#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
After such a positive start to the season he has gone back to frustrating the life out of me again. I don’t remember seeing a winger spending more time running towards our goal with the ball than the oppositions. Imagine having all that ability and then using it to pass to Otamendi.

He had a really good start to the season and after the Everton game I really thought he had turned the corner. Since then he's gone back to the Mahrez we saw for most of last season. Very frustrating.

Mahrez was particularly unlucky to lose his place in the starting 11 after his early season form. In my opinion he should’ve started before Bernardo in other games where Bernardo has not yet reached last year’s performance level. I think Mahrez has lost a bit of confidence and probably wondering what he has to do to start after playing so well. He wasn’t great last night but who was.

You don’t have to defend against the Mahrez we are currently seeing. I would love to be a left back knowing that the oppositions right winger has no intention of trying to beat me.

Bernado beats a fullback far less than Mahrez. Also Sterling on the left rarely takes on his fullback. It's a big problem for us in general against parked buses

Infuriating player who can be brilliant one minute and then shit the next. Never seems to beat a fb on the outside and always goes inside.

Mahrez was particularly unlucky to lose his place in the starting 11 after his early season form. In my opinion he should’ve started before Bernardo in other games where Bernardo has not yet reached last year’s performance level. I think Mahrez has lost a bit of confidence and probably wondering what he has to do to start after playing so well. He wasn’t great last night but who was.

This
Both Mahrez and Sergio were rotated/dropped when they were really in a rhythm - both have struggled a little since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.