When was the last time a team had 3 Keepers in a match?

From a slightly different angle I remember a City v Everton game in May 1993 (I think it was the last game of the season) when all 4 keepers were used. Margetson started for City but was absolute dogshit. He was flapping at crosses so much that Everton just played for corners which Hinchcliffe swung in causing chaos. Dibble replaced him for the second half. Everton started with Southall in goal but replaced him with a young Australian lad called (I think) Kearton. It was also almost certainly the only time 3 Welsh keepers featured in a Premier League game. City lost 5-2. Happy days.
And if I remember correctly, Coton should have started for us but had a fight with "Bully boy Sam Ellis" in the changing room which is why Margetson got the nod. The fight may also explain Margetson's even worse than normal performance

Neil Warnock used to refuse to have a keeper on the bench as Phil Jagielka was that good as cover. Played in goal in the PL game (after our friend Paddy went off injured) against Arsenal and kept a clean sheet to win 1-0.

As previously said Terry went in goal at Reading after Cech head injury and Cudicini knocked out on a corner.

Harry Kane has also played in goal for Spurs in a Europa league tie and let in an absolute comedy gem.

Similar happened with united when Rio Ferdinand went in net a few years ago when united played Pompey? Not sure what season it was.

Neil Warnock used to refuse to have a keeper on the bench as Phil Jagielka was that good as cover. Played in goal in the PL game (after our friend Paddy went off injured) against Arsenal and kept a clean sheet to win 1-0.

As previously said Terry went in goal at Reading after Cech head injury and Cudicini knocked out on a corner.

Harry Kane has also played in goal for Spurs in a Europa league tie and let in an absolute comedy gem.

Ahhhh Cudicini! I couldn't remember his name. Who was their 3rd choice keeper? Curly black hair IIRC, crap, let that Tevez pea-roller in against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.